Two Parker Barrows Crew Questions

Virtus

Question

Parker Barrows' Highwayman upgrade has: "This is Worth a Few Scrip: Once per turn, after resolving an Action that removed one or more enemy Scheme Markers, draw two cards and then discard one card." Since this ability doesn't specify on Parker's activation like his Black Market upgrade does, does this mean that it can trigger off of another friendly model's activation? I'm assuming it can and that it doesn't require any range or LOS.

Mad Dog Brackett has an ability: "Loot Their Corpses: After this model kills an enemy model, place a friendly Scheme Marker in base contact with the enemy model before it is removed." Does this work well with the Dig Their Graves scheme, in that the scheme marker is dropped before the scheme is scored? If so, can I get some timing clarification? I'm assuming it works because the once per turn clause on Dig Their Graves doesn't specify immediately  scoring after killing a model, thus giving time for Mad Dog's ability to kick in. Is that right?

As always, thanks in advance!

3 answers to this question

This is Worth a Few Scrip refers to Parker's own actions, not anyone's actions.

The requirement for Dig their Grave is that there is a scheme marker within 4" when the model is killed/sacrifices. Any talent that says to place a marker after killing/damaging places the marker after the model is already dead, so that marker can't be used to retroactively fulfil the requirement.

6 hours ago, Virtus said:

Parker Barrows' Highwayman upgrade has: "This is Worth a Few Scrip: Once per turn, after resolving an Action that removed one or more enemy Scheme Markers, draw two cards and then discard one card." Since this ability doesn't specify on Parker's activation like his Black Market upgrade does, does this mean that it can trigger off of another friendly model's activation? I'm assuming it can and that it doesn't require any range or LOS.

What makes you think it defaults to friendly models and not every model in the game?

Abilities default, instead, to just the model with the rule.

Mad Dog Brackett has an ability: "Loot Their Corpses: After this model kills an enemy model, place a friendly Scheme Marker in base contact with the enemy model before it is removed." Does this work well with the Dig Their Graves scheme, in that the scheme marker is dropped before the scheme is scored? If so, can I get some timing clarification? I'm assuming it works because the once per turn clause on Dig Their Graves doesn't specify immediately  scoring after killing a model, thus giving time for Mad Dog's ability to kick in. Is that right?

Why do you expect a marker placed after the model is killed to qualify for killing a model within 4" of a marker?  

More importantly, Dig Their Graves doesn't have to specify that it happens "immediately after" killing the model because 'as soon as it is triggered' is when everything everything happens unless otherwise stated.  If an effect gives you the freedom to resolve it at your leisure, it will say so.

If you can come up with a way to use Parker Burrows during another models activation, then yes you could use this is worth a few script, but it  has to be Parker resolving the action to draw the cards. 

(At the moment I can't think of a way to do it because I think the only action that Parker has to trigger it is five finger discount or high explosive, but models such as Ironsides and one of the Auterm knights can make enemy models take  ml actions outside their turn)