Best gremlin crew

Mateyo

Yee-haw!!! I'm lookin to start a hoe-down hootinany boys! Here's what I got:

Whiskey Golem

War pig

Banjonistas+Swine cursed

I'm lookin fer a good mix of hillbillies, pigs, and the whiskey golem? Now which  starter crew is gonna help me with that? I'm-a-leanin towards Ulix or Ophelia now, possible som'er but I GOT to have a good mix of pigs, hillbillies, and the Golem (at least every now, and then, but the more the better!) Thankee!

Yee-haw!!! I'm lookin to start a hoe-down hootinany boys! Here's what I got:

Whiskey Golem

War pig

Banjonistas+Swine cursed

I'm lookin fer a good mix of hillbillies, pigs, and the whiskey golem? Now which  starter crew is gonna help me with that? I'm-a-leanin towards Ulix or Ophelia now, possible som'er but I GOT to have a good mix of pigs, hillbillies, and the Golem (at least every now, and then, but the more the better!) Thankee!

Somer is the premier Gremlin Master when it comes to being good with various things. But also Wong likes everything you have so he's also a fair possibility. I might not go for Ulix but Ophelia should also be possible. Those would make for a pretty unorthodox Ophelia crew but she is pretty versatile.

From the aesthetic you say you are looking for I would suggest either Somer or Brewmaster. Somer is a good general master who works with gremlins and pigs. 

Brewmaster would fit and he can get lots of work out of obeying pigs to charge. However out of the brewmaster crew box you would only really use brewie, Wesley and fingers as the moon shinobi don't really fit the aesthetic you describe. 

Math mentioned Wong in the other thread and I'm going to have to second that. Som'er is of course fantastic and works well with pretty much anything in the entire faction, but the models you've highlighted are mostly good Wong picks.

Swine Cursed were made for him, they're decent with anyone but when you combine them with Wong's Ooo Glowy upgrade they become total monsters.

The Whiskey Golem and War Pig are thematically linked to other masters (Brewmaster and Som'er/Ulix respectively) but I think they tend to work quite well with Wong to make them Glowy too. If you're going to hire a War Pig I think Wong is the way to go (definitely still worth summoning with Ulix), and I have literally lost a game because of the +1 damage on the War Pig.

Banjonistas are probably more of a Som'er/Zoraida thing but I love the little twangy gremlins so much that I think you can make an argument for including them in any crew with a decent number of Gremlin models. The 2" push is not to be underestimated, and if you start to stack up lots of Banjonistas things can get a bit silly.

6 hours ago, Mateyo said:

Is brewmaster worth picking up at all? Even to "cannibalize" his moon ninja guys, or his little buddy? For my Som'er/Ulix/Ophelia crews? (Sorry names are escaping me right now) 

Absolutely!

Brewie himself is generally considered to be quite weak, but I think he can be an interesting puzzle to play because it can be easy to rely on your master just destroying everything. Also the balance is decent enough in this game that "quite weak" doe not mean useless - you can totally still win against a top tier master with him.

The Moon Shinobi are one of my favourite models. Common wisdom holds that they are also not that great but I think they're underrated. They do some really interesting things to card management and they have some fantastic defenses.

But the real big motivator to get that box is Fingers. He's not a model you will bring in every crew, but when you do bring him he is silly good. Chatty and Don't Mind Me means he shuts down a huge area for interacts while also being able to do them freely himself. He's great and I love him.