Best Out of the Box?

So I am looking to get back into the game (I started a couple of years ago but painted myself into a hole with an overly ambitious project which killed my enthusiasm), however, since my budget is a little limited at the moment, I am hoping to keep my purchases rather light.  Thus, I am asking you good folks which crew boxes require the least amount of additional purchases to get to 50ss and still be semi competitive/fun.  I am currently most interested in Neverborn (Collodi and Lynch) due to the interesting painting opportunities, however, I am still open to other suggestions.

Thanks!

If we count all factions, I'd say it's either Perdita or Ramos Box, followed by Ophelia, Von Schill and Victorias. All these boxes have one thing in common - they are not just boxes of master+totem+hench+3 minins bu the offer something more (Even Victoria's, since she has additional henchman in the box).
For Neverborn best out-of-box is probably Lynch (although he has only 5 models which costs 21 Stones total), as Illuminated are solid minions, or Titania's- Autumn knights are simply amazing.

9 hours ago, Cedar said:

If we count all factions, I'd say it's either Perdita or Ramos Box, followed by Ophelia, Von Schill and Victorias. All these boxes have one thing in common - they are not just boxes of master+totem+hench+3 minins bu the offer something more (Even Victoria's, since she has additional henchman in the box).
For Neverborn best out-of-box is probably Lynch (although he has only 5 models which costs 21 Stones total), as Illuminated are solid minions, or Titania's- Autumn knights are simply amazing.

Ramos?  For some reason I kept hearing that his box required a lot of upgrades to be decent.  The more you know...

Oh I forgot how few soulstones Lynch's box contained due to the Hungering Darkness being so cheap.  Ah well.  Titanic does seem really cool but maybe a little too complex for my fragile, returning to the game mind.

I was hoping to get into the playing aspect quickly, but maybe, because it appears that getting to 50ss is more difficult than I expected, I should just take things a little slower?  How easy is it to build up Collodi?  

17 minutes ago, Damnosus said:

Ramos?  For some reason I kept hearing that his box required a lot of upgrades to be decent.  The more you know...

Joss and Howard are solid and get a lot of use in other Arcanist crews. Unlike Summoners with a more diverse summoning pool, Ramos doesn't need a lot of extra purchases for his summons. A box of Arachnids is nice to add but if you magnetize the arachnids so that you can use them as either Steam Arachnids or Steam Arachnid Swarms you should be okay for summons with what comes in the box. That gives you a pretty solid core of a crew. The remaining points can be used to tweak the crew based on the needs of a particular game. Pick up an Electrical Creation or Mobile Toolkit to prime the pump of Ramos's spider summoning and a handful of models that allow you to tailor to the schemes and strategy.

I think the big selling point of going with Ramos is that it's a good starting point for the Arcanist faction. You'll probably ultimately end up expanding beyond one master so I'd find a faction that you like the look of at least three masters before picking something up. 

If you prefer neverborn you could do a semi-sub-par Collodi with his crew box plus one box of stitched together.

Then just add effigies,  weaver and a marionette piece by piece when you have the funds lying around.

The stitched and possibly weaver will also cross over should you want to expand into Lynch. 

In fact thinking about it. Tots are good with Lynch.

I'd say get the Lynch an Lilith boxes as the minions from both crossover easily to the other master.

Other than that buy Lynch with beckoned and Mr graves and should see you through the first few games.