Wave 5 upgrade speculation/hopes

Franchute

Hello,

Following a bit the idea of other factions' forum, waht would be your hopes regarding the new upcoming upgrades of wave 5?

In my case, I would love an upgrade for Lady J that would give her a (0) action to give her positive flips against a specific target... Just kidding.:D

More seriously, I'd love to see better summoning abilities for Guild, maybe for Sonnia or Lucius, better than what already exists. Some upgrades making some of the killy masters more schemy would be nice too.

3 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

I'm really worried about the masters loSing some identity.   Our masters have never been generalists.  They are really at risk of losing their flavor. 

Id like to see a Mcmourning upgrade that makes guild guard killed rise back as guild autopsies. 

That would be really fun! 

I'm afraid to ask. Last book I was hoping for a little tiny wee bit of Hoffman fluff, and just look what happened! :o How's that going to play into the upgrades, now that he knows what horrible things he had done?

How much of Sonnia-second-edition's power was the Tyrant not the mage? What will she lose? What was she forced to trade to McMourning in return for her restoration and will those become his upgrades? Will Perdita or McCabe get something to show their increased self-reliance now that the old Governor-General's agreements no longer bind them?

1 hour ago, Gnomezilla said:

What was she forced to trade to McMourning in return for her restoration and willy those become his upgrades? 

Maybe she'll be able to summon stalkers out of corpse markers :)

"This model gains the undead characteristic" :)

7 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

Oh god, what will happen when McMourning puts on the mask?

He'll stick it on the nearest 'volunteer', not himself.

...Ever seen those puppet shows with giant puppets floating on water? Like that, but substitute 'vat of formaldehyde'.

What happened when Perdita marched out to root out the cause of abominations, anyway? Did she track them deeper into the Bayou, or find her leads within the city of Malifaux? What will that do to her upgrades? (Will she find herself inside a certain ill-omened shop, being lectured on abominations while a young lady admires her custom peacebringer and an even younger one follows the conversation with a frown?)

I don't think Lucius will get more hands-on, even though it was an interesting story for Storied Soundtracks. It's true what was said in the other thread, the emissary tried to make that happen with a better attack action, and it didn't.

The more I think about McCabe lending a stirrup (or sidecar) and bringing along another model on the charge, the more I like it. The horses and hounds list can have even more mobility.

We aren't a beloved faction, and whoever loses the GenCon duel will rise again...as Tara did.

Lucius

This is a private affair ca:× Tn:y range: ((z))

All enemy models within x must pass a tn:v duel or be pushed q away.

Triggers:

And you weren't imvited: all models who fail the tn gain slow

And you are not welcome: after resolving place one model who failed the tn within their deployment zone.

And you lack the correct attire: all models who fail the tn recieve - attack flips vs mimics and gaurdsmen.

Alternatively 

A leader of "men"

Ca:x tn:y range:((z))

All friendly mimics within  z gain disguised until end of turn.

All friendly guardsmen within z gain defensive stance until end of turn.

Or some other support for keeping his beloved "few good men" around.

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Hot4Perdita said:

Someone told me that Lady Justice is getting an upgrade that will make her super strong. Anyone know much about it?

I suspect the one you are talking about is the one that was on the teaser they did for the new book Broken Promises, apparently it is called Swordfighter

unnamed.jpg.60ceec3fd469fbb044dee9e84b5e

52 minutes ago, Hot4Perdita said:

Someone told me that Lady Justice is getting an upgrade that will make her super strong. Anyone know much about it?

The Swordfighter upgrade that's already been previewed here.

Gives her a (2) action that lets her place within 4", make a (1) Ml action, then place within 4" again. If the (1) Ml action did any damage, she gets the condition Counterstance, which gives her a positive twist to Df duels and a built in mask (to auto trigger Riposte) for the rest of the turn.

Also gives her a (0) that lets her discard 2 cards to name an enemy master, henchman or enforcer and get a positive twist to flips against the named model until the end of the turn.

9 hours ago, -Loki- said:

The Swordfighter upgrade that's already been previewed here.

Gives her a (2) action that lets her place within 4", make a (1) Ml action, then place within 4" again. If the (1) Ml action did any damage, she gets the condition Counterstance, which gives her a positive twist to Df duels and a built in mask (to auto trigger Riposte) for the rest of the turn.

Also gives her a (0) that lets her discard 2 cards to name an enemy master, henchman or enforcer and get a positive twist to flips against the named model until the end of the turn.

Wow! That's awesome. Looking forward to that.

Now, if they could just remove the Perdita restriction from the Enslaved Nephilim, I'd be set.

12 minutes ago, Hot4Perdita said:

Wow! That's awesome. Looking forward to that.

Now, if they could just remove the Perdita restriction from the Enslaved Nephilim, I'd be set.

I seriously doubt it ;)

Perdita is suppose to be the fast crew full of pushes. Other have other pros and cons ;). I played 2 games with Swordfighter now and I love it.

11 minutes ago, trikk said:

Scales with Swordfighter is awesome enough

True, you might need some more cards after having to discard two to do the 0 action. Or, if you have a high enough card in hand, you could Tip the scales for ++.

This sword fighter upgrade really resembles the Trick Shooting of the Lone Marshall. I like it.

22 minutes ago, Hot4Perdita said:

I mainly just use it for the card draw. I played the local henchman the other night, and he kept cheating his low cards in his hand on duels he was losing anyway to keep his hand smaller than mine so I couldn't card draw with the scales.

You can sometimes go defensive and just discard/draw. Recruiters also can deplete your hand.

• Like 1