July 7th - Adeodatos

Nef

Hey Wyrdos!  A brand new Friday means a brand new Friday Preview!  Today we are really gonna turn up the heat by taking a look at Adeodatos, a commander of the Cult of the Burning Man.

Wyrd_FridayPreview_7.7_2017.thumb.jpg.444c8cbafbf7a4efe8f19dc25d0e733b.jpg

Adeodatos is the first follower of the Burning Man, and perhaps the one who channels his energies with the most clarity. Born as Ephraim Wade, he had a vision of the future - a future of fire.

Ephraim spent some time preaching his strange prophecies to the people of London, and as his foretellings grew in significance, he drew the attention of the King's Empire.

The Empire government arrested Ephraim and turned him over to its Extraordinary Cases Bureau, but that did nothing to dull the fire that was within him. As the Burning Man appeared over London, the Extraordinary Cases Bureau realized that Ephraim's prophecies had come true and released him from his cell. As soon as he stepped outside and into the glow of the Burning Man's light, the transformation wracked Ephraim's body. He shed his previous existence and became Adeodatos.

Adeodatos is now the chief cleric of the Cult of the Burning Man. His control over the magical energies that pour through him is immense, and his mastery over dimensional rifts is unparalleled. This has made him a figure of awe and reverence among the Cult.

On the table, Adeodatos takes full advantage of the Cult's Portal Markers. If Adeodatos is in play, the Company gains an additional Portal Marker at the start of the game.

While this is a great way to cover more of the table with Portals, it also serves as an extra location from which Adeodatos can unleash magical ruin upon his enemies. This is heightened even further in Glory; the Devouring Vortex Action can wreak havoc on anyone that dares to approach one of the Cult's Portals.

Adeodatos is definitely a backfield Commander who prefers to use Magical ranged attacks and Portal manipulation to deal damage and support the Cult's forces. Finding the right balance between support and offense can be tricky, but doing so will turn Adeodatos into a true terror on the battlefield.

Discuss away!

• Like 3

Where's a like button when you need it? :P 

That's really awesome, I've been wondering about this guy since we first saw him. Him turning out to be Ephraim makes me want to read even more about him! Very stoked to know more :D 

Very cool! Question though, it looks like the head in the render diverges from the artwork. Will there be a second head, or will it be like Izamu in which we can easily leave out the "face" and leave a void to paint as we wish between the head covering and the body?

Because of such beautiful figures I am (after 10 years) again in the hobby: Last week I was in the hobby shop to buy color. For the first time, I saw the Wyrd Minis. I immediately fell in love with the little angels ...
Now I'm painting again and learning the rules. Old love does not rust - that's wyrd, is not it?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...