Puppet Wars - PDF Cards for the 'missing' models

Hi folks,

Some of you will know that about two years ago I created PDFs of the Puppet Wars stat cards for the old metal puppets that weren't in the unstitched box. This started as a personal project, though I've let it be known on this forum that they exist and have shared with anybody that has asked for a copy (roughly one person every 4-6 weeks, though I think the link has been shared via BoardGameGeek too). I asked Wyrd for permission to share more widely and they said they'd have to think about it. Well, two years later, especially given LuckyReplica's effort to rejuvenate interest in this game, I think it's about time I just posted the link here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/15iq21nmqzf5d8z/AACh2PoNvhjAHXaIMRVSib2da?dl=0

These are based on the online crew creator that Wyrd used to have up on the Puppet Wars site (but which they've since taken down). They are only for the extra puppets not included in the unstitched box - i.e. the puppets that were in the first version of the game but which were never officially released in the unstitched version.

I hope these contribute to revitalisation efforts. Please let me know if you have any questions or feedback.

Brass Monkey

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

This is awesome, and i think a Lot of people do want to revitalize this game. Else people would not have asked for that PDF so long time after. 

And i can see people are still checking back on the forums once in a while, so Wyrd should really notice that there is an interest in this game :)

And @Brass Monkey the PDF is pitch perfekt. Printed out those badboys and laminated 'em... Hard to tell the difference :)

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 7/4/2017 at 4:50 AM, Brass Monkey said:

These are based on the online crew creator that Wyrd used to have up on the Puppet Wars site (but which they've since taken down). They are only for the extra puppets not included in the unstitched box - i.e. the puppets that were in the first version of the game but which were never officially released in the unstitched version.

Excuse my ignorance, but as a newer-than-newbie player (I just ordered PWU from The War Store, and eagerly await its arrival) I'm curious: which 1st edition PU set would I need in order to get the minis for these missing puppets? Are all of them in the original core box, or are they spread out in the booster packs as well?

Assuming that I will like this game (and everything points in that direction, from what I've read), I will probably be itching to get my hands on more puppets... The old booster packs can still be found for (merely) high prices, but the old core box goes for exorbitant amounts on that famous online auction site.

Hi Pantoporos,

I believe the following if correct (if anybody spots any mistakes then please let me know):

Puppet Wars First Edition Box (18 metal figures)

Masters: Lady Justice & Seamus

Sidekicks: Judge, Bette Noir, Misaki & Rusty Alyce

Pawns (1 each): Executioner, Death Marshal, Austringer, Rotten Belle, Nurse, Punk Zombie, December Acolyte, Razorspine Rattler, Silurid, Malifaux Cherub, Ronin & Convict Gunslinger

Multiplayer Expansion (6 metal figures)

Masters: Marcus & Pandora

Sidekicks: Joss, Nino, Baby Kade & Sebastian

Pawn Booster 1 (8 metal figures)

Pawns (1 each): Executioner, Witchling Stalker, Rotten Belle, Moleman, Bad Juju, Sorrow, Bayou Gremlin & Ronin

Pawn Booster 2 (8 metal figures)

Pawns (1 each): Death Marshal, Guild Hound, Guild Autopsy, Zombie Chihuahua, Razorspine Rattler, Malifaux Cherub, Mature Nephilim & Convict Gunslinger

Pawn Booster 3 (8 metal figures)

Pawns (1 each): Austringer, Nurse, Punk Zombie, Ice Golem, December Acolyte, Silurid, Hog Whisperer & Piglet

Puppet Wars Unstitched (44 plastic figures)

Masters: Lady Justice, Seamus & Pokey Vik

Sidekicks: Judge, Bette Noir, Misaki, Rusty Alyce & Hooded Rider

Pawns (3 each): Executioner, Death Marshal, Austringer, Rotten Belle, Nurse, Punk Zombie, December Acolyte, Razorspine Rattler, Silurid, Malifaux Cherub, Ronin & Convict Gunslinger

My cards based on the playtest information previously on the Wyrd website

Masters: Lucius, Colette, Marcus & Pandora

Sidekicks: Nino, Sebastian, Cassandra, Joss & Baby Kade

Pawns: Guild Hound, Witchling Stalker, Guild Autopsy, Zombie Chihuahua, Ice Golem, Moleman, Bad Juju, Mature Nephilim, Sorrows, Bayou Gremlin, Hog Whisperer & Piglets

Therefore you can see that the Unstitched box includes everything from the original box plus an extra master (Pokey Vik) and an extra sidekick (Hooded Rider). Also of course it provides three of each pawn instead of just one, and is in plastic rather than metal. The extra cards I made (based on the playtest information previously on the Wyrd website) would allow you to play all of the other first edition figures from the multiplayer expansion and the three pawn booster boxes. You would need to buy the multiplayer expansion and three of each pawn booster box to be able to fully recreate the 'old' figures as if they were available as an unstitched expansion with three of each extra pawn (though you would end up with lots of spares this way too). The playtest information previously on the Wyrd website was marked as 'playtest' and there would probably have been some changes before eventual publication, had that ever happened. For one thing, there are two upgrades with the same name. My cards are of course now "100% unofficial" as the Wyrd website removed the information they're based on several years ago.

Hope this is useful.

Mat

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...