starting purple Lucius

Angelshard

So, I'm planning on adding lucius to my neverborn options and I have a couple of questions I'd love to get a response to. Mostly it's what guild models are worth bringing.

Austringers: I can't figure out how good they are in a neverborn crew. On one hand they seem kinda awesome, on the the other I don't really need the boost to scheme running their (2) action gives and range 12" isn't that impressive.

Emissary: I haven't really heard anyone mention the emissary with lucius, which I find kinda odd. His summoning alone seems to be worth it, also his hungry land could be really good with a shooty crew. I could see taking mysterious Conflux for additional boost to minions. Conflux of tyranny could also be good as both doppelganger and changelings could use it, on top of the heal itself which isn't bad, but nothing to write home about.

Master queeg: he seems like he could be really good in any minion based crew and especially combined with fae knights. Also he seems great for fgf. 

Captain dashel: I can't really see myself using him unless I bring riflemen or pathfinder along, as I can't bring his 0 upgrade and he doesn't seem to be worth it by himself.

Pathfinder: is it worth bringing him when you can't buy starting traps?

I'm thinking blast in neverborn makes him worth it, plus with queeg he can make/move two traps a turn.

I've looked at guild hounds but I can't see any compelling reason to bring them as I find I have much better options for only 1ss more.

Does spending stones on redraw count as lucius doing it for devils deal? I'm thinking no, but I've read that wings should 've really God on him and this is the only reason why that I can see.

Thanks in advance

5 hours ago, Angelshard said:

Does spending stones on redraw count as lucius doing it for devils deal? I'm thinking no, but I've read that wings should 've really God on him and this is the only reason why that I can see.

No. There is an errata on wings of darkness to clarify that it isn't the master that spends the stones, but there was a period when some people thought devils deal would work with it. 

Queeg is excellent when Lucius enlists him in a Fae hunting party with Knights and rougarou thanks to built in push on his whip and triggering their zeros.

Emissary is brilliant with standard upgrade if you're in an area of control strategy where double positive ml flips can ruin people's day.

With Lucius upgrade on th emmisarry you'll either want a swarm of weenies dropping markers or Fae throwing them round.

Pathfinders can be brilliant and offer explosions off low df targets and their rifle can be mimic'd by changelings.

Guild hounds can be brilliant because they can be "obeyed" for 1pt charge or if set up right after charginging in their activation can be obeyed to push out and charge again.

Captain Dashel is not on talking terms with my neverborn Lucius. 

Dogs! all the dogs. In Lucius you can run eight three stone models that have almost no drawbacks. While a Terror Tot looks better for one more stone, often the extra activations make it well worth it, and they are very killy models. People scoff at obeying a three stone model, but Lucius can obey guild hounds to charge, and while being obeyed corrupted hounds have an average of 3 damage (!). 

Also, always bring three changelings or the emissary.   

Release the hounds crew

Lucius

-Surprising loyalty  (1ss)

Dashel  (for 0pt focus on hounds) (9ss)

3 guild hounds (9ss)

3 corrupted hounds (9ss)

Black blood shaman (dog torpedoes) (7ss)

+fill with upgrades,rougarou, second shaman etc.

Very gimmicky but fun, yet to go full blat with hounds.

I'll take them in a build where I want to spam fees (2 lawyers +changelings) or boost survivability (non Fae crews).

I must have missed your query on them.

I take them in mimic heavy crews and have taken one with bayou excursion Lucius.

I can imagine Lucius and the Nephilim envoy might appreciate one (hard to wound + black blood).

Same goes for armoured legion (puppets and wardens) and midnight stroll  (nightmares and dolls).

1 hour ago, Angelshard said:

I didn't ask because I thought people almost always bring one to help with lucius horror duels but I guess I was wrong

The errata on Lucius pretty much made them obsolete in that role. The TN is now lower and he gives :+fate to Horror duels himself.