Monday Preview - July 3rd

Nef

Despite it being Summer, there is a sudden chill in the office.  I think today's Monday preview might be to blame for this one...

Wyrd_MondayPreview_7.3_2017.thumb.jpg.db6298bae3f11f7273ae47c3d6bc0056.jpg

Today we are taking a look at the Cyclops, an upcoming model from the Neverborn faction.  Of course we also have an inside look at the art as you have come to expect!  

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Mr Janje said:

I found an easter egg :D

What a beautiful couple, so sweet together! 

It's like they're putting subliminal messages in their videos now... 

The artwork for this wave continues to blow me away! Really looking forward to getting the Neverborn stuff this time round... For the Autumn Queen ? 

• Like 1

Two is fantastic. It's something where fielding two is sometimes worth considering so not having to field duplicate miniatures is always nice.

The overall design is definitely not what I expected. It's a good design, but it's going to take a while to get used to.

Really like them overall though I kind of wish the spears looked a bit tougher.  Right now it looks like they should snap with one good wack or thrust into something hard like metal.  The ice might withstand it if it is some sort of magic ice but the branch portion looks weak.

But I love how the cyclops themselves look.

1 hour ago, Shadowran said:

That case when hiring of the new artist makes a game only worse.
In general very much disappoint arts to the new book (((

So far you've been the only one to say so... care to elaborate?  While some of the concepts have been pretty far out, this is nothing new for Wyrd & you can't suit everyone's tastes.  What makes this book different from the usual?  (don't mean to sound aggressive, genuinely curious... & really, your post wasn't super helpful in the constructive criticism department...)

My only real critique would be not to use the red background for non-guild pieces...

1. I don't like design of the new miniatures shown on arts. Skulpt Serena looks very blankly against the background of other divergents, she lacks any highlight, Bultungin also faded and tasteless, the Cyclops to whom can will be pleasant to play the fat woman or the man, well and Nekima shown at some exhibition why she couldn't make normal wings we will tell as at an mature nephilim and a normal sword.
2. The arts executed by the artist have to adorn future a miniatures that the person who has seen him has thought: "I want lines this figure despite of everything" right there they look worse than render that place on boxes. For example compare any of arts to Reva, Titania or Parker's box.