Monthly painting challenge 2017 -- July

prof_bycid

Tomorrow is July:  Welcome to month 5 of the painting challenge. 

What is this?:  This is a friendly painting community, not a competition.  Remember that this is a fan-based thing only, and is not sponsored or approved by Wyrd in any way (i.e., screw-ups are on me, not them.).  I am simply continuing the tradition started by Jaxx23 and Vaiuri and maybe others before them.

Rules:   can be found in the Monthly painting challenge enrollment post.  Or just ask me.  Most importantly at this point, everyone gets two misses before being booted.  So, if you join now you are already at strike 3 and out upon entering.  Why am I even writing this then?  Habit, I guess.  Finished models count for the month in which they are posted, i.e., post your models before the end of the month.

Tracking sheet: can be found at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fUeZczizoFoMjwVDcJVpJtYkKiRvTOf5HpniRHrmijU/edit?usp=sharing

Posting:  At the START of the month: post a photo of your unpainted minis and any plans for them you have.  In the MIDDLE of the month: post work in progress photos if you want, or just banter about ideas.  At the END of the month: post your finished models and the Soul Stone Cost painted, and I will get this on the tracking sheet.  Post this by the end of the month.  And include the total soul stones painted.  Yes, I am being repetitive (you know who I am looking at  ;)).

And go!

Ding ding!  First one out of the gate with a July model plege.  Not difficult really when you are the one posting the thread.  Anyway, I am going to do the old metal avatar Ramos and another large arachnid.  I am finding the large arachnids really great with Kearis, and am anxious to get a second on the table.

large.July2017_aRamos_LrgArach_pledge.jpg.64553783a19264c2dc9f392c5ff53f5e.jpg

• Like 4

So with life settling into a new rhythm, I'm aiming to be back to painting at my previous higher capacity. For June, I've put VonSchill and his Luggage, Taelor, the Strongarm Suit, Sue, 2 Ronin, and the Flame-O-Taur on my paint tray. 67 stones, if I haven't bitten off more than I can chew.

Go big or go home.

large.20170630_222104.jpg.7be7c0b107a6a5d7287243049980ab60.jpg

• Like 3

Hello guys,

this month I'm also being a bit more ambitious and I'm going to work on my guild crew and a few bigger models, namely the executioners and a slightly converted lone marshal (death marshal head, cause why not, and a guild rifleman gun, cause bigger guns is never a bad idea). This is actually the first time that i'm painting a horse, so do give me pointers if you have experience with this. I already did some work on the lone marshal.

large.IMG_20170702_193853.jpg.2347d841822970f08ee07785803fad7f.jpglarge.IMG_20170702_171825.jpg.fef621fd33cf2b63900702f83d4e7ada.jpg

• Like 4

I am considering that this may be my second Mulligan this month.

My landlord claims that he's going to serve me an eviction notice, and I'm calling and raising with a letter (and photographs!) to Health & Human Services about the unfit living conditions here (Mold? Black widow spiders? Cracked foundation?) AND a call to the local electric company about the second house hooked up to our electricity bill...

So I have no idea if I will get the chance to paint. It's POSSIBLE I will, so I'm not saying, "Yep, July's my second mull!" but I won't bet either way.

• Like 1

@iamfanboy good luck with that.

My intentions for the month:

20170702_215350_zpsymad8byl.jpg

There are two of the poison gamins I said I would have painted last month. One is almost done; the other one barely touched. I hope I'll manage to paint them this month. I quickly lost motivation after the first one last month. I hope this will be OK this month.

I'd like to add Angelica and the Zombie chihuahua to the list too.

• Like 4

Hi there!

This month I'll try to go with 5 models: two flying monkeys (Mechanical doves 2 x 2SS) + two performers (2 x 5) + Mr. Cooper (15SS) for a total of 29 SS. All models from the Dark Carnival set, here is the pic with one of the performers in progress:

julio.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sandmann said:

Havo to find a different site to upload images however, photobucket is now charging for that privelege... :angry: Any recommendations?

Do you guys know why I dont have any issue? I dont pay for it but my pictures seem to be displayed properly.

7 hours ago, Chou said:

Hi there!

This month I'll try to go with 5 models: two flying monkeys (Mechanical doves 2 x 2SS) + two performers (2 x 5) + Mr. Cooper (15SS) for a total of 29 SS. All models from the Dark Carnival set, here is the pic with one of the performers in progress:

Just a heads up, that's not a performer it's Baritone Lola, the Dark Carnival Cassandra so your SS count is a little higher, I think 32. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, so_diogenes said:

Just a heads up, that's not a performer it's Baritone Lola, the Dark Carnival Cassandra so your SS count is a little higher, I think 32.

Thanks for the heads up @so_diogenes! Lola is so pleased with the correction that he/she decided to drop by and say hi

IMG_20170703_234218.jpg

IMG_20170703_234225.jpg

• Like 9