Funny combos/ideas for tournament

FinalForm

I have tournament incoming this weekend and I want to show some epic plays. It will be new players-frendly event, so I don't want to go full retard and pick default Nelly lists. 
What I expect to use:

Nellie Beast bomb(it is also can be Double beast bomb with a peacekeeper or a Killjoy but I can't fit em in 35ss without making list comlete meme-tier)
Nellie(funds, embedded, delegation)+ bishop(debt)+franc(wade in, debt)+press+performer. What I exactly planning to do is: turn 2 Franc buffing Bishop, Then Nellie Hot Off Presses(teleporting Bishop to her current location, Propoganda on him, then gives Fast with heal.) Now opponent has an interesting sutuation with DF 8 WP 8 bully with 2 charges/ charge+flurry Mi 6 vs weakest stat and minimal damageline 4/5/6
I know that this is gimmicky as hell but I think it will be funny to any new player watching such Victorias type crazyness.

Terraformer Sonnia 
Sonnia(imprint,reincarnation)+hannah+phionah+emissary+malifaux child
This list is definitely belongs to meme-tier and cannot be taken seriously. But it somehow can work and it's working with new players for sure) As you can guess you can BUILD A WALL 14' long and still can shoot through ignoring LOS and cover. Sometimes this 14 inches+ some big losblocking terrain can totaly isolate entire crew. I can see how this will confuse many players. It also might almost auto-win you some schemes as well. This free suicide bombers spawning on the side of your opponent are also pretty neat)

This is all I can imagine for now without turning lists into default power or unplayable trash 
If you have some nice ideas- share your funny combos and strats here and I will appreciate your response)

I love it.  This is why I play faux.   One I've wanted to try involves nellie, emissary, papa loco, and sam hopkins.  The goal is to set up a turn 2 double or triple flaming bullets, followed by double explosions from papa in their crew.  Most opponents will have never seen flaming bullets used, as the cost is often too high.

Last night I ran this list - 

50 SS Guild Crew
Lucius + 4 Pool
 - Secret Assets (2)
 - Watch My Back (2)
The Scribe (2)
Allison Dade (8)
Witchling Thrall (9)
Mounted Guard (7)
Guild Guard (4)
Guild Guard (4)
Guild Guard (4)
Guild Guard (4)
Guild Guard (4)

(exported from CrewFaux)

The 5 guild guard plus dade and scribe formed the most unusual death ball you have ever seen. 

I once ran a list with perdita, killjoy, daschel, papa loco,  and a death marshall.   Death marshal was obeyed to pickb up papa, then given reactivate by daschel.  It then runs up to the opposing lines and dies.  Papa shows up,  explodes, killjoy arrives. 

I'll probably be back later with more.

• Like 1

Most of my craziest lists have been put into this thread.  It also contains a lot of other people's crazy lists.

You could do a Lucius, killjoy, TC warrior, 4 traps, and whatever else to fill in the rest recurring curfew list.  Maybe include doppel just to be sure you get first activation each turn.  See how many schemes and strats they can get done when they rarely get a non-slowed activation.  If you wanted, instead of killjoy you could use a DM or DMR to bury models to lower your activation count to make curfew go further.

Theres always the beheading emissary hoffman list, where you give emissary targeting systems then bury Howard Langston.

Or a Lucius list with Nurse HB and 3 changelings all copying her restraints.  You would be surprised how often you can hit the tome when you really spam that attack.

Using Lucius - 2 Sanctioned Spellcasters, Lust (with LLC)?, a guardian, and fill out the crew with your choice of henchmen.

Hide everyone away during set up, the 2 SS should be next to lust.

Guardian gives double defensive to lust

The SS start punching lust, lust using the guardians buff to hunt out tomes to get you cards for your hand, the SS using the + flip from lucius to hunt out the trigger that builds up their soul charge.

The Henches pumping attacks through the SS to build up cards and soul charge as much as possible.

Turn two, you let loose the SS with more soul charge into your opponents, using lucius to shoot them up field.

Keep charging the other SS against lust, using the guardian to heal lust if needed.  (I think I am going to have to do this one again this afternoon)

10 hours ago, FinalForm said:

Terraformer Sonnia 
This list is definitely belongs to meme-tier and cannot be taken seriously. But it somehow can work and it's working with new players for sure) As you can guess you can BUILD A WALL 14' long and still can shoot through ignoring LOS and cover. Sometimes this 14 inches+ some big losblocking terrain can totaly isolate entire crew. I can see how this will confuse many players. It also might almost auto-win you some schemes as well. This free suicide bombers spawning on the side of your opponent are also pretty neat)

I believe its 12" as Hannah can only copy from Phiona in that list. She can't copy friendly Leaders and Just Like You is not a Ca so its 4" from Sonnia, 4" from Child, 2" from Phiona and 2" from Hannah

8 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

I once ran a list with perdita, killjoy, daschel, papa loco,  and a death marshall.   Death marshal was obeyed to pickb up papa, then given reactivate by daschel.  It then runs up to the opposing lines and dies.  Papa shows up,  explodes, killjoy arrives. 

I'll probably be back later with more.

Getting Papa to appear at the end of the turn doesn't sound awfully useful. Did you charge something else to get him out of the box or what?

6 hours ago, FinalForm said:

She definitely can copy "just like you")

Just like you is not a cast action. 

In just the same way Flurry is not a Ml action, so you can't use Ml expert AP to take it, Just like you is an action that allows you to take a Ca action, but it itself is not a Ca action. 

• Like 1

@FinalForm

Never heard the expression meme-tier. That basically means shits and giggles? Against a new player a wall list might be percieved as npe.

Getting Samael to perform would be pretty epic. He fits in thematic Sonnia lists and new players in small games is probably a decent place to play him since his damage is quite fenomenal if he gets to attack.

I have actually gotten serious work out of Hopkins by putting Witch Hunt on him and pairing him with Hannah. Miss Lovelace can light the enemy on fire using Burn Them Out and then Samael can go to town. 

Used to work even better as I'd get Hannah to copy Pine Box to cage Papa. Not too bothered now I can't do that though. There's still plenty of times a surprise extra Pine Box on a WP8 model can be funny. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PanzerHarris said:

I have actually gotten serious work out of Hopkins by putting Witch Hunt on him and pairing him with Hannah. Miss Lovelace can light the enemy on fire using Burn Them Out and then Samael can go to town. 

Used to work even better as I'd get Hannah to copy Pine Box to cage Papa. Not too bothered now I can't do that though. There's still plenty of times a surprise extra Pine Box on a WP8 model can be funny. 

I have tried that with a doppleganger in a Lucius list but it crumbled fast. Don't own Hannah

It's also kind of annoying needing your opponent close to terrain if you can't place any. Phiona might help with that.

5 hours ago, Ludvig said:

I have tried that with a doppleganger in a Lucius list but it crumbled fast. Don't own Hannah

It's also kind of annoying needing your opponent close to terrain if you can't place any. Phiona might help with that.

Isn't keeping them out of cover where Sam truly shines?

Also, I'm not sure I would bother with a second model for it, seems like a really good use of Lucius's newfound ability to walk and command.  Pretty much makes anything within 12 of Sam a target.

If they have any sort of armour they can usually just stand in the open and not worry too much about Sam. For an 11 ss glasscannon I would just expect some more flexibility but maybe I'm being silly. If witch hunt ignored LoS I could see where the massive price tag came from and it would mesh well with Sam ignoring los against burning targets. As it is I find it really expensive.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2017 at 5:20 AM, FinalForm said:

I have tournament incoming this weekend and I want to show some epic plays. It will be new players-frendly event, so I don't want to go full retard and pick default Nelly lists. 
What I expect to use:

Nellie Beast bomb(it is also can be Double beast bomb with a peacekeeper or a Killjoy but I can't fit em in 35ss without making list comlete meme-tier)
Nellie(funds, embedded, delegation)+ bishop(debt)+franc(wade in, debt)+press+performer. What I exactly planning to do is: turn 2 Franc buffing Bishop, Then Nellie Hot Off Presses(teleporting Bishop to her current location, Propoganda on him, then gives Fast with heal.) Now opponent has an interesting sutuation with DF 8 WP 8 bully with 2 charges/ charge+flurry Mi 6 vs weakest stat and minimal damageline 4/5/6
I know that this is gimmicky as hell but I think it will be funny to any new player watching such Victorias type crazyness.

Terraformer Sonnia 

This is all I can imagine for now without turning lists into default power or unplayable trash 
If you have some nice ideas- share your funny combos and strats here and I will appreciate your response)

So what did you end up running? 

2 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

So what did you end up running? 

2nd place with Sonnia only
1st game vs Nico easy 8-4
2nd game vs Zoraida(should played with Nellie) 7-7
3rd game vs Sommer sad game for my opponent 10-3
Just came back from LARP game and kinda dead) I will tell about things tomorrow.

• Like 1