Fluffy Bunny Roadkill - Sun 20 August, Newbridge High School, Leicester

PanzerHarris

Hail.

NEW VENUE ALERT! PanzerFaux events are now running from Newbridge High School in Coalville, near Leicester. In short, this will allow the events to grow and give everyone plenty of space. The venue frequently hosts the UK Masters and side events, so it is well and truly battle tested, and I'm very pleased to be able to put on regular events there.

NEW DATE ALERT! Fluffy Bunny Roadkill will now be on Sunday August 20th, a week earlier than originally advertised. This date has now been locked in and confirmed, and will not be moving again.

The school is located at;
Newbridge High School
Forest Road
Coalville
Leicestershire
LE67 3SJ

There is plenty of free on-site parking. Lunch isn't included but there are plenty of places within a short walk.

There will be 3 rounds at 50SS, starting at 10am. We will be playing;
- Stake a Claim, Standard deployment
- Guard the Stash, Close deployment
- Reconnoiter, Flank deployment

There will be 40 tickets for sale, at £10 each. If you can bring a table of terrain with you, you'll get an extra ticket into the prize raffle at the end of the event.

To buy your ticket go through this link (or cut and paste it); http://paypal.me/panzerharris/10 

You can play either standard fixed faction, or Trinity.

To play Trinity, you declare 3 Masters at the start of the event. These Masters can be from any combination of factions. Dual Masters must choose a faction. For example, you could have Collodi, Som'er Teeth, and McCabe (10 Thunders), or Lilith, McMourning (Guild), and McMourning (Ressers). At the declare faction stage of each game, you have to declare your 3 Masters but not which one you plan to use.

The painting competition will be best crew of approximately 50SS - I'm not going to count it, but don't take the mickey! You're welcome to use display boards etc.

In addition, we're trialling my latest harebrained idea, the completely optional Fluff Board. If you wish to take part, collect a fluff board from the TO at the start of the event. This will contain a list of rarely seen models such as the Slate Ridge Mauler, Black Blood Shaman, Witchling Handler and so on. Each time you hire (not summon - stupid Ressers...) one of these models, you can tick it off on the fluff board. Most ticked boxes at the end of the event wins!

More details on the fluff board, including what models made the final list for this event, will be published two weeks in advance. 

We will be laying on the usual spread of prizes;
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd gaming
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd painting
- Best Sports
- Best Loser (last place!)
- Best in Faction awards

Any questions, please feel free to ask. And hopefully, see you on the 20th!

• Like 1

Attendee List

1. Scott Peden
2. Joel Henry
3. Ben Halford
4. Johnny Donaldson
5. Chris Donaldson
6. James Doxey
7. Troy Ashdown
8. Dan Humpage 
9. Rich Bream 
10. Graeme Note Spelling Nicholls of Lancre
11. Warren Johnson
12. Rik Phillips
13.  Adam Hutchinson
14. Kev Gillett
15. Paul Butler-Butler
16. David Brown 
17. Carl Lee
18. Cai Bird
19. Mike Jenkins
20. Chris Gilboy
21. Craig Colley
22. Martin Wodehouse
23. James Boots
24. Luke Cocksedge
25. William Crankshaw 
26. Graham Bursnell (we think)

•  

Fluff Board

So first and foremost – the Fluff Board is completely optional, and will have absolutely no effect on your final placings. It’s a bit of fun to reward those players who want to use different models to their usual ‘auto take’ selections.

If you want to take part, ask the TO or the Lovely Assistant for a sheet. The Fluff Board has 5 models for each faction, plus another 7 models that count if hired as Mercenaries. Each time you hire (not summon) one of these models into your crew at the event, you can tick it off and score a point. The most points at the end of the event will win a small trophy.

In case of ties, the person that places highest in the overall field will win, and if you come last, you won’t be eligible to win the Fluff Board. That’s to stop people jamming their crews full of rubbish to take the award home – making good use of these models is encouraged!

Those playing Fixed Faction gain a point for each time they hire a model off the list. Those playing Trinity gain a point each time they hire a model for the first time with each Master. This is to try and even the advantage Trinity players might otherwise have.

Just to clarify, you can only score a point for a model once per game. For example, a fixed faction Resurrectionist hires 3 Ashigaru, Dead Rider and Envy for a game. This would score 3 points, not 5.

A model will score no matter how its hired, so out of faction hiring like Jack Daw or Hoffman will count, as will hiring a model off the mercenary list into a crew from its own faction (e.g. a Guild crew hiring Greed would still score a point for her).

The list of models on the Fluff Board has been drawn up based on rarity and is a final list. Any feedback will be taken into account for future events.

And so. The Fluff Board;

Guild

Captain Dashel
Exorcist
Guard Sergeant
Pistolero de Latigo
Santiago Ortega

Resurrectionists

Ashigaru
Crooked Man
Dead Rider
Onryo
Student of Sinew

Arcanists

The Captain
Fire Gamin
Slate Ridge Mauler
Steam Arachnid Swarm
Willie

Neverborn

Black Blood Shaman
Bunraku
Spawn Mother
Tuco
Vasilisa

Outcasts

Ama No Zako
Bishop
Convict Gunslinger
Desperate Mercenary
Freikorpsmann

Gremlins

Akaname
Bayou Bushwhacker
Pere Ravage
Raphael LaCroix
Survivor

10 Thunders

Monk of High River
Ototo
Samurai
10 Thunders Archer
Yamaziko

Mercenaries

Greed
Sloth
Envy
Wrath
Pride
Gluttony
Torakage (you're not getting fluff points for Lust!)

On ‎10‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 10:57 AM, Wake of Godzilla said:

Panzer, with your fluff board madness - will it be possible to get a list before the event so that I can bring the models with me?

The fluff board lists will go up two weeks in advance so you've got plenty of time to see what's there.

Just to reiterate, it's a completely optional thing - you don't have to take part, and taking part won't boost your scores or your placing. :)

• Like 1

An announcement to make - I'm very pleased to confirm that we're being joined by Leodis Games, and he's bringing his shop and the awesome Board Matz with him!

My one reservation moving to the school was lack of somewhere to buy toys, and it's safe to say that weakness is now a strength. There will be a 'collect at event' option going up on the store soon if you want to order from the website and save on postage.

Supporting Leodis does support the event - if nothing else, it'll make it an awful lot easier for me to convince Neil to come on down to future events and let me borrow the mats... :D

On 11/07/2017 at 0:18 PM, PanzerHarris said:

The fluff board lists will go up two weeks in advance so you've got plenty of time to see what's there.

Just to reiterate, it's a completely optional thing - you don't have to take part, and taking part won't boost your scores or your placing. :)

That might be the way other people are playing the event :)

On 11/07/2017 at 0:20 PM, PanzerHarris said:

An announcement to make - I'm very pleased to confirm that we're being joined by Leodis Games, and he's bringing his shop and the awesome Board Matz with him!

My one reservation moving to the school was lack of somewhere to buy toys, and it's safe to say that weakness is now a strength. There will be a 'collect at event' option going up on the store soon if you want to order from the website and save on postage.

Supporting Leodis does support the event - if nothing else, it'll make it an awful lot easier for me to convince Neil to come on down to future events and let me borrow the mats... :D

I've added a free shipping option to the store so you can order stuff to pick up from me at the event.

http://www.leodisgames.com/

Chose "pick up at Fluffy Bunny" at checkout and you won't be charged postage.

On 12/07/2017 at 1:54 PM, PanzerHarris said:

Uh oh. I better be very careful what goes on that 10 Thunders list then. Although it would be funny to see you steal the best in faction off Troy again at the last minute...

Yea - I just wanted to check I can get the side board assembled and badly painted in time.

Should be fun. 

Maybe I should run Yan Lo again...