What are your wishes for Wave 5 or for the summer erratta?

4thstringer

It's still "something I'd like that Leveticus can't ruin". Which I didn't get, with Marlena the little mechromancer being a strictly in-faction hire. :(

On the other hand, what we might call the last 'Leveticus-proofed' construct, Hoffman's emissary, was  actually an upgrade...

• Like 1

I felt like they were trying to make that happen with the emissary,  But it really fell flat.   Perdita will never be an obey master,  guild dougie isn't focusing on poison,  lucius isn't going to ml to do damage.   It wOuld take some huge upgrades to make the change. 

I'm hoping for a nellie conflux too.

I kind of missed the point of the question. That's what I get for writing before tea. Waking up and trying to do things before tea. That was stupid. Tea first for a reason.

But to go from models and work my way over to upgrades:

When the guardian got tweaked to be viable I worried, a lot, about whether gaining a reliable Ml7 construct in-faction meant we'd lose access to Arcanist Assets somehow. I didn't think about new upgrades. They've got to go somewhere and Field Mechanic is stapled to Hoffman's card¤, and I adore O.S.A. Guess what upgrade I'd drop if a new one was really good? Better than "discard for a positive flip to attack or damage, possibly twice a turn if I'm feeling frisky with O.S.A.", because mobile toolkits are my best four-legged* friend? Something to stop that horrible vulnerability to being moved, pushed, or placed out of that barely-longer-than-arm's-reach range?

And there's the matter of that clockwork dress. Just open up Ryle (if he can bear to face Ryle, knowing what he now knows), remove the offending parts, and take notes...

¤As a wise person on this forum once said, "who ever looked at their robots and said, nah they're good enough, I don't want to make them better".

*Still using Charlotte the metal brass arachnid for a proxy, she's too cute** to leave in the case.

**I call the brass arachnid cute; some other people call my avatar of stompybot cute (it is not! it's awesome. it's disturbing.); the mechanical attendant isn't cute at all. Stompybot aesthetics are weird.

23 minutes ago, Alansonchik said:

non Limited vendetta and cost -1

...Although, to be fair, this is correct and Lady Justice is now the one who needs the most help. She's been getting decent support Guild Marshals the last two books, and Guild Investigators look mean, but they don't seem to have boosted her enough. I don't know what she needs though. Some way to get out of tarpit combat, since one of her upgrades is tuned toward making her the tarpit and that'd be different?

Wait. I'm dumb. And cardless. Can someone get CARD DRAW FOR GUILD please??!?!?!?!?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

Id kill for Hoffman to have an offensive ability that at range just wrecks constructs (and construct like models).   Like he does in literally every hoff story. 

Theoretically, I like that, but thinking back over how little my metal gamin gets to use offensive magnetism (my meta isn't heavy on effigy factions), I'm happy skipping that step. Also, it looks like that became a Ramos thing since he's got magnetism on his base card already. (Speaking of which, outside of Guild, Ramos could use a different 0, one which isn't dependent on enemy crew composition; he kind of feels like he's missing an AP if he doesn't need to reposition himself.) On the other hand, 'at range' plus Hoffman just makes me tingle. Stupid Zipp dumping Hoffman in a distant, severe terrain direction and loop-de-looping off to the actual fight...

McCabe doesn't need anything, maybe he can lend a stirrup to his crew and pull one along on a charge a la Mounted Guard. I'm not sure what Lucius still needs after his errata, some kind of crew healing to complete the wounds->'stones->master AP loop might be nice but try justifying that with his fluff. McMourning needs defenses greater than that of a wet tissue, but we have Francisco so there's no chance whatsoever of getting an improvement in that area...

7 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

Theoretically, I like that, but thinking back over how little my metal gamin gets to use offensive magnetism (my meta isn't heavy on effigy factions), I'm happy skipping that step. Also, it looks like that became a Ramos thing since he's got magnetism on his base card already. (Speaking of which, outside of Guild, Ramos could use a different 0, one which isn't dependent on enemy crew composition; he kind of feels like he's missing an AP if he doesn't need to reposition himself.)

Ramos can also choose to use his (0) on his own models and does in one variant of spider factory initialization:

1. Electric Creation activates, takes 1 damage, has two wounds left, walks twice
  2. Ramos uses Magnetism to kill the Electrict Creation, generating scrap to summon off of

But yeah, outside of his Avatar manifestation, it's a (0) that only sees support/defensive use. If he uses Magnetism to drag himself out of combat, he's got a better chance of getting away, and if it kills the spider he chose as a victim, he'll heal back some as well.

7 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

It has to hit harder than that.  Hoffman is literally making things fall apart with what feels like a (2) action.  

In order to make that work, and yet not completely useless on a non-construct field, it'd have to have a whopping bonus against constructs. How about (2), Ca vs. Wp, damage equal to difference in the duel total, constructs also take damage of the difference between Ca and Wp and drop scrap? Some radical deconstruction for people who don't want to field the emissary...

• Like 2

On 2017-06-20 at 0:04 PM, 4thstringer said:

Id kill for Hoffman to have an offensive ability that at range just wrecks constructs (and construct like models).   Like he does in literally every hoff story. 

Or the ability to Machine Puppet enemy constructs.  Like he also does in most Hoffman stories.  :P

I'd love to get some scheme dropping power for Ortegas.  Like an upgrade for Family called 'Trophy Hunting' (since they're monster hunters, y'know) that lets you turn a corpse into a scheme marker.

Also, a bit of an overhaul to Lady J.  It's not that she isn't powerful, it's just she's a bit of a blunt instrument, even as they introduce all kinds of cool new Marshals like Recruiters, Domador or the Jury.

• Like 2

I would totaly LOVE some changes for Sam.
At this moment he is pretty much lost in time with all this shiny Judges, Phionas and Franciscos.
I would rather say "increase Cg and Sh range by 2 when targeting models with burning, (0)discard this upgrade to ..." 0ss upgrade will help.
He is a very good ranged beatstick, but he has one of the worst survival stats for this cost in the entire game AND pretty bad mobility too. And I get that this is his downside, but I still want to play this guy(

• Like 2

10 hours ago, FinalForm said:

I would totaly LOVE some changes for Sam.
At this moment he is pretty much lost in time with all this shiny Judges, Phionas and Franciscos.

He has been outshined by Judges and Francs of the Malifaux since wave 1.

2 hours ago, Myyrä said:

He has been outshined by Judges and Francs of the Malifaux since wave 1.

yup
Maybe my statement was not accurate but now we have Phiona and totaly awesome Jury. So today there are no real niche for Hopkins that possibly existed in 2014-2015.
Thats why I beg for mercy for Sam) He is not awful, but in guild almost every henchman is pretty good and Sam looks sort of meh compared to them.

Oo! Can we get upgrades to replace the henchman specific ones which just miss the mark entirely? Give Samael a 1ss way to ignore LoS and only apply light levels of burning and a dab of base stat on top of that? More repair than a 0ss so it still has to be paid for, but contained in a single slot. Get Ryle something based on that b--Anna meddling with him, boosting power looped constructs. Sidir's is fine just a tad pricey, not sure how to fix that. Phiona, Francisco, Grimwell, and (ok this feels surprising but true) Dashel are fine.

I wonder if Jury is going to come with an upgrade, or Queeg will get one.

My wish list for summer errata:

• Delete the words of "After succeeding," on Taelor's card in both of the trigger texts.  Because both if those effects are Step 5 effects.
  • Errata the Charge action to indicate whether a 0" Charge move results in a valid Charge.  Because some models can Charge while Engaged, and it's unclear whether they're supposed to move if they're already engaging their Charge target.
  • Errata General Timing to explicitly cover Condition timing.
  • Errata the vantage point rules to apply whenever there's a Ht1 or greater difference in elevation between the two objects.  And make blocking models and blocking scenery work the same way.
  • Errata 'Drawing Line of Sight to Markers' to replace parenthetical note with: Note that a model centered on a marker of the same base size does not block line of sight to that marker because line of sight touches the edges of the marker and the model at the same time.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, solkan said:

My wish list for summer errata:

• Delete the words of "After succeeding," on Taelor's card in both of the trigger texts.  Because both if those effects are Step 5 effects.
  • Errata the Charge action to indicate whether a 0" Charge move results in a valid Charge.  Because some models can Charge while Engaged, and it's unclear whether they're supposed to move if they're already engaging their Charge target.
  • Errata General Timing to explicitly cover Condition timing.
  • Errata the vantage point rules to apply whenever there's a Ht1 or greater difference in elevation between the two objects.  And make blocking models and blocking scenery work the same way.
  • Errata 'Drawing Line of Sight to Markers' to replace parenthetical note with: Note that a model centered on a marker of the same base size does not block line of sight to that marker because line of sight touches the edges of the marker and the model at the same time.

Add something like this:

• Replace the sentence "If the model is reduced to 0 or fewer Wounds it is immediately removed from the game as killed" with "If the model is reduced to 0 or fewer Wounds it is killed; resolve any triggers or actions that apply, then remove this model from the game as killed."

This comes in under General Timing as well.

• Thanks 1

On ‎20‎.‎6‎.‎2017 at 6:31 PM, Gnomezilla said:

Wait. I'm dumb. And cardless. Can someone get CARD DRAW FOR GUILD please??!?!?!?!?

All Guild models in Wave five barring the Riot Breaker have card draw - which seems a bit excessive, to be honest, but I guess that the developers agreed with you.

2 hours ago, Math Mathonwy said:

All Guild models in Wave five barring the Riot Breaker have card draw - which seems a bit excessive, to be honest, but I guess that the developers agreed with you.

For killy masters efigy might draw 1-2 extra cards each turn)