Vincent St. Clair [general discussion]

I use him with Kirai or when I'm using Seamus with spirits.  He's great if you have a spirit crew, and he seems pretty good when you have corpses that you don't need.  I don't think he works well with Reva since she wants those bodies to stick around.

I wouldn't put him at the top of the henchmen list, but I don't own a ton of Ressers, so he does the job for me when I need him.

• Like 1

He's interesting to add some hefty ranged dmg if you can get corpses near your target. Not randomizing with Spirits can be great in the right crew. I find him more of a 'ranged support' model than anything else. From the Shadows can be nice to get things started quickly and can cause your opponent to focus on him. He can get left on his own though and then taken down if you aren't careful.

he can be good with Reva - never blow up corpses. He gets the +1 to dmg if the target is near any corpses and it doesn't use up the corpse. Shoot his crossbow and stone for the trigger to get up to 4 shots with a good min dmg if there are corpses.

That said, I haven't played with him much recently. I will likely try him with my Yan Lo crew again soon though. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Shoot his crossbow and stone for the trigger to get up to 4 shots with a good min dmg if there are corpses.

to clarify that sentence: you can't have both repeated crossbow trigger and bonus damage. so it's rather 4 attacks with mediocre minimum damage or two with good if there are corpses.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thatlatinspeakingguy said:

to clarify that sentence: you can't have both repeated crossbow trigger and bonus damage. so it's rather 4 attacks with mediocre minimum damage or two with good if there are corpses.

haven't used him in a while, though I definitely remember someone doing this to me at a tournament.... That's what I get for not double checking his card at the time.

• 2 weeks later...

I would recommend always taking his named upgrade. That way you can discard to push as needed. Sometimes your opponent will just tie him up in Melee, but not actually attack him. So he''s stuck as he can't shoot and he can't rely on his Df trigger to get away. Without his upgrade you're wasting AP to try and disengage. 

Just my opinion based on some experience with him. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hes a great FFM target. Slap that Scheme on him if it is in the pool and give him From the Shadows with his upgrade. Start shooting the enemy and they will certainly focus on him. Since he isnt made for Melee, he will get tied up and dies you get points!

• Like 1