Taking damage from Blast Markers without LOS?

Wayne1017

Question

Hi,

so I got a question that came up in one of my last games. In the last round, Lilith positioned herself on the table edge near a LOS blocking height 2 building and put her illusionary forest, so that the only remaining Ice Garmin could get LOS on her. My opponent double moved the Ice Garmin to the corner of the building and targeted it afterwards with his Rasputina with her December's Curse. He chose to cheat the defense flip of the Garmin down, so that Raputina could cheat the damage flip and get severe damage for placing the blast markers. Lilith had only 2 wounds left, so she might got killed by the blast.

Was this really possible, since the Garmin had no LOS to Lilith? We found on page 50 of the core rulebook the following sentence in the Auras Blast & Pulse LOS textbox:

In addition, a model cannot be affected by a Blast Marker if the original target of the blast effect is not within LoS of the model.

So in the described situation, would Lilith take damage from the Blast Markers or wouldn't she?

Thanks for the clarification in advance.

malifauxRulesQuestion.png

1 answer to this question