Curse you Wyrd! I don't even like Gremlins.

WWHSD

I just finished reading through all the fluff in the Malifaux books I just picked up in the Bundle of Holding sale. I don't usually care much for Gremlins but Zipp and the boys are pretty dang cool. 

I was going to pick up another Arcanist master or two but the Sky Pirates are mighty tempting.

If all ever get from the Gremlin faction is the Sky Pirate box, Sparks, and a Mechanical Porkchop is that enough to get some work done? If it's not are there any mercs that I could use to fill the gaps so that I don't have to dip too deep into the bayou?

You can make anything work if you believe in yourself!

But really I think you'll mostly be fine. The two main issues I see are a lack of cheap minion activations (you have a total of two minions which I think will come back to bite you in things like Collect the Bounty because Iron Skeeters aren't the most durable enforcers, and with the cheapest non-totem you have being 6 stones you'll probably get outactivated) and a big hitter. You could get around this with a couple of extra Gremlin boxes, my go-tos would be Burt Jebsen for the hitter (a merc so you can get some use out of faction too) and either Bayou Gremlins, Slop Haulers or Lightning Bugs for your minions. Sadly mercing in cheap things is less effective, but you could always merc in your favourite heavy hitter from another faction if you didn't want to buy more Gremmies at all. One of the best options would probably be Lazarus, given you'd have Sparks and Earl to buff him up, with the Iron Skeeters and Mech Porkchop for Assimilate targets.

Even though Lazarus works with everything you've got (that stupid autonomic Guild-hating ((specifically, Gnomezilla-hating)) so-and-so), I'd worry about getting it without someone experienced in minis for consultation. Lazarus has a unique and ultra-complicated assembly. He's supposed to be an action figure, you see, with poseable ball joints and a carapace held together like a motor casing.