Campaign Traitor Injury Question

Odd

Question

My opponent had to take an injury flip with his totem (Lucius's Scribe), and flipped a black joker, it has this result:

this model is a Minion or Peon, it is a Traitor. The Traitor’s current Crew counts it as Annihilated, and
the opposing Crew permanently adds it to their Arsenal and counts it as part of their declared Faction
for Encounters. For whatever reason the model has switched sides, be it treachery, mind control, or
just plain old slavery. If the opponent cannot add the Traitor (due to Rare limits), it is still Annihilate

I play Zoraida, so it is even in my faction, but my understanding that I will never be able to play this totem (as I do not have Lucius), does this mean I can't add the model to my arsenal, as it is unplayable, or is then playable for some reason (I guess in my arsenal so I can hire?) or is it added to my arsenal and just sits as a 2 point useless arsenal member?

Curious is someone can find something I have overlooked in both the rules or the forums, thanks for your attention to this matter

1 answer to this question

Technically I guess it would sit useless but I would treat the (due to rare limits) as (due to being unhireable, for instance because of rare limits). You need to remember that this is a game created to bring enjoyment and that the rules aren't always perfectly written. I think you should feel free to amend the campaign rules to bring the most enjoyment to your group, campaigns emphasize story over competitiveness.