Shenlong, and general TT questions

TeddyBear

Hi all!

I played against Shenlong only one time in a tournament, but i don't understand very well how he works.. now i'm tempted to try him, but i have some question and i'm hoping you can help me.

He has two 0 actions, and he can use one of them after initiative of every turn is flipped, correct?

But i read on pull my finger that he can use a maximum of 3 (0) actions for turn..How? (his 2 ok, but the third? with sacrifice of pesant maybe? is it legally?)

"Knowing of wind and stone" says other models within 6" of shenlong may take focus like (0) action, but i don't understand (1) Defensive like (0) action.. (maybe he can discard a card and gain def+1 like 0?  and if he wated to go in def+2?)

How it work (0) action of Sensei Yu? Which cards are shuffle into deck during the action? (maybe only card of Tn?)

and  i don't understand how many (0) actions generally models in shenlong crew can takes?

0 Action of Shadow Effigy: give its effect only for one attack? right?

In this moment i can't think other question..

Excuse me for the trivial questions and for mistakes.

Many Thanks!

At the start of the turn after Iniitative is flipped he may choose to take a (0) action. Thats what the powerful Chi ability says (He can also make a peasent interact, allowign it to summon a new peasant)

During his turn he may take a (0) action. 

Each peasant can sacrifice itself to let him take a (0) action. So he could use 4 (0) actions over the course of the turn if he wanted to. (But this gets rid of all his peasents)

Models are allowed 1 (0) action each activation, but things which let you take (0) actions outside of their activation won't count towards that limit. 

So He could do the same (0) action 4 times in that turn if he wanted, or 4 different (0) actions for those 4 actions

takign a focus+1 of defensive +1 action as a (0) action is the quick way of writing every friendly model in :aura6 has the following actions

(0) Take the Focus action

(0) take the Defensive (1) action. 

Because they are actions causing actions, the AP cost is paid for by the first action, but you will still need to discard 1 card to the defensive stance action. If the model wants to gain a higher defensive condition, then it will need to take a normal (1) or (2) Defensive stance action and discard another card.

If the model takes one of these actions as its (0) action, it can't do another (0) action. (Unless it has rules like instinctual that would allow it more than 1 (0) action per turn).  The advantage is lots of models don't have a (0) action normally, so this gives them a free action. If they already have one, then its a less useful ability because you can still only do 1 (0) action 

Sensi Yu has that rule because if you were to play him with Jacob Lynch, he could copy  his Mulligan action to draw 3 cards and discard 3 cards, and if he discarded 3 aces they would have gone back to his hand normally, so that rule is there to stop that. Should he copy a different action that involved discarding a card then the card he would discard would go to the deck rather than the discard pile.  It does NOT have any effect on cards that you flip as a result of the action. It only does things if the action itself calls for you to discard cards. 

Shadow Effigy. I can't remember the exact wording, but I think you have to end the condition for it to have an effect, so yes, it is only for that attack. (But Read what it says, I can't remember its exact wording, so I might be wrong)

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Adran said:

At the start of the turn after Iniitative is flipped he may choose to take a (0) action. Thats what the powerful Chi ability says (He can also make a peasent interact, allowign it to summon a new peasant)

During his turn he may take a (0) action. 

Each peasant can sacrifice itself to let him take a (0) action. So he could use 4 (0) actions over the course of the turn if he wanted to. (But this gets rid of all his peasents)

Models are allowed 1 (0) action each activation, but things which let you take (0) actions outside of their activation won't count towards that limit. 

So He could do the same (0) action 4 times in that turn if he wanted, or 4 different (0) actions for those 4 actions

takign a focus+1 of defensive +1 action as a (0) action is the quick way of writing every friendly model in :aura6 has the following actions

(0) Take the Focus action

(0) take the Defensive (1) action. 

Because they are actions causing actions, the AP cost is paid for by the first action, but you will still need to discard 1 card to the defensive stance action. If the model wants to gain a higher defensive condition, then it will need to take a normal (1) or (2) Defensive stance action and discard another card.

If the model takes one of these actions as its (0) action, it can't do another (0) action. (Unless it has rules like instinctual that would allow it more than 1 (0) action per turn).  The advantage is lots of models don't have a (0) action normally, so this gives them a free action. If they already have one, then its a less useful ability because you can still only do 1 (0) action 

Sensi Yu has that rule because if you were to play him with Jacob Lynch, he could copy  his Mulligan action to draw 3 cards and discard 3 cards, and if he discarded 3 aces they would have gone back to his hand normally, so that rule is there to stop that. Should he copy a different action that involved discarding a card then the card he would discard would go to the deck rather than the discard pile.  It does NOT have any effect on cards that you flip as a result of the action. It only does things if the action itself calls for you to discard cards. 

Shadow Effigy. I can't remember the exact wording, but I think you have to end the condition for it to have an effect, so yes, it is only for that attack. (But Read what it says, I can't remember its exact wording, so I might be wrong)

Thank you as always Adran! So i understand well ;)

Only one last question please, when a model use defensive stance, does he discard always 1 card for having def or def 2 both? (i generally use in this way defensive stance, but maybe is wrong)

Why with 0 action of Shenlong he have to discard another card for having another istance of defensive?

Thanks again

The (#) Defensive action requires you to spend a number of Ap and discard 1 card to gain the defensive condition equal to the number of ap spent. 

So you could have (1) Defensive stance action, (2) Defensive stance action, (3) defensive stance action, (4) defensive stance action. Each one would require you to discard 1 card. 

So normally if you want to get to Defensive +2 you would choose to take the (2) defensive stance action, discard 1 card and gain Defensive +2. Ypou could choose to take the (1) defensive stance action, discard 1 card gain Defensive+1 and then choose to take the (1) defensive stance action again, discard another card and gain anotehr defensive+1 to end on defensive +2. 

The (0) action from Shenlong only allows the (1) defensive stance action. It doesn't let you spend 1 ap and your (0) action combined to take a (2) defensive stance action. 

• Like 3