June 12th - Bultungin

Nef

Hey Wyrdos!  Another Monday and we have just the thing to kick those Mondday Blues!  A Monday Preview!  Today we are taking a look at the Bultungin from the Neverborn.  Let's take a look!

Wyrd_MondayPreview_6_12_2017.thumb.jpg.19f294fabd55432a287a0d7bd6122a09.jpg

Our talented in-house artist has provided us with yet another process video!  

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, Boomstick said:

I like this model so much more now that I've seen his artwork!

Me too! He should have a purple background through... Really like the ware-hyena look from its real world roots! 

On the model's card it says it attacks with a hatchet, which is a tad different from the dagger seen here. 

Also, Ten Thunders next week please! 

Love your work! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Da Git said:

On the model's card it says it attacks with a hatchet, which is a tad different from the dagger seen here. 

Not the first time. For example, Guild Sergeants have an axe as their melee attack, but have a sword. Captain Dashel has a baton melee attack, but has an axe.

Bultungin went from being the new unit was least interested in, to being one of my most anticipated units. The amazing art is just gravy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -Loki- said:

Not the first time. For example, Guild Sergeants have an axe as their melee attack, but have a sword. Captain Dashel has a baton melee attack, but has an axe.

Bultungin went from being the new unit was least interested in, to being one of my most anticipated units. The amazing art is just gravy.

Dead doxies attack with a Fancy Cane and neither of them have a cane.

So do we wanna fix the text, or leave it as one of those legacies where the card text says one cool thing but the art ended up as something else?

This one took a few hours to grow on me, but I like the art now. Beasts still don't interest me much but there's no denying it's a wonderful dynamic pose.

2 hours ago, -Loki- said:

Yes, and those models are infamous for it. Just because there's a precedence for (imo) bad practice, doesn't mean it should continue. Not when there's such an easy fix to change the stat card. 

Is it important mechanically, No,however it doesn't look good (imo) and could cause confusion. 

Now if the other models in the box have hatchets, that would be ok... But the artwork we've seen clearly shows some kind of dagger... 

It would be like the Yokai's card saying they're equipped with boomerangs (a little extreme example, but you get the point!).

Completely agree with the second paragraph. 

• Like 1

The artwork itself ist cool,

but I have to say I'm not a big fan of having another Wolf in Neverborn...ok Hyena...it's just...meh..

I was already disappointed by the Corrupted Hounds

and Rougarou...this are just undead Wolves...there are 1000 Minis on the market for undead Wolves.

(its why I use my old Metal Khorne Hounds as Rougarou which I painted green, cause I really like them rule whise ;) )

I'm more the fan of the creepy stuff like Changelings, the Puppet Master, a Baby with knife and a scary Teddy-Buddy, Bandersnatch and so on.. that's what me brought to Neverborn :)

On 2017-6-13 at 2:40 PM, Da Git said:

Yes, and those models are infamous for it. Just because there's a precedence for (imo) bad practice, doesn't mean it should continue. Not when there's such an easy fix to change the stat card. 

Is it important mechanically, No,however it doesn't look good (imo) and could cause confusion. 

Now if the other models in the box have hatchets, that would be ok... But the artwork we've seen clearly shows some kind of dagger... 

Latest card, Hatchet is replaced with Knives.

I mean I didn't mind either way, but it shows Wyrd listen.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, -Loki- said:

Latest card, Hatchet is replaced with Knives.

I mean I didn't mind either way, but it shows Wyrd listen.

One of the things I love about this company!  They (usually) listen to the community and make solid choices!

Personally, I would have gone with daggers, as they have a more sneaky, brutal feel than knives, but whatevs...