Expanding A Lady Justice Crew

Tsyuukii

Hey, so I have bought a Lady Justice crew, just waiting to get it painted, I am planning on playing it and testing it (alongside my Tara crew) so I want to know what works well with Lady J, I know Death Marshal Recruiters and Brutal Effigy are really good but what else can work, I know hunters are good and may be nice for dragging close to a marshal for pine boxing. So any ideas what is worth researching into a playtesting with the crew?

I like taking a bunch of hounds so that I can keep up or out activate the enemy. Helps to have them move before I decide where to commit her to. In addition if they stay in pairs they can run schemes, or as singles they can tie up enemy units for a bit of time.

I also find the Pathfinder quite useful, again for jamming up enemy units either for Lady J to approach and murder or to delay things I don't want to deal with.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

That cast 5 always had me leaning away.   Is that notc an issue? 

I usually use the false accusation/BBL combo as a finisher or to set up a finisher so don't have a problem burning a high card or ss on it, if you can chain it with the exorcist's banish to oblivion it makes the opponent cycle their cheat hand quite quickly. I seem to be facing a lot of enforcer heavy/low model count crews at the moment though so your mileage may vary. I don't think it's a sound tactic for facing large crews as it becomes quite resource intensive.

• Like 1

Francisco is a sound addition for Justice just to make her WP near untouchable and her defense a lot better, he is also a sound beater model with a good (very good) damage spread.

Austringers are great ranged support even after their range reduction if focused.

If you have some death marshals in the mix then you cant go wrong with a recruiter, solid all round model with the ability to keep marshals standing. I think the lone marshal gets some mileage in a justice crew too, providing good range support but also pace and a solid combat ability.

Field reporters are becoming the cheap minion of choice in the guild, unimpeded and manipulative makes them really good scheme runners. I also think from the Nellie box Phiona Gage could probably work well with Lady J, she has a really high charge distance/hard to kill and a good damage spread plus her look out ability means she can place into a combat which could be useful if anybody ends up in a sticky situation.

Hope that helps slightly.

I, myself love the Lone marshal (he's a guild marshal too) as he's a great mix of scheme runner and hit'n-run model.
have him in every lady J crew I play and always worth it. even when he doesn't do much the opponent atleast spend activations/actions with the lone marshal in mind instead of countering my real threat!

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have a fixed list, but imo there a lot of nice models for Lady J

Guardian: Defensive is good for fishing for those :mask

Brutual Effigy: Pretty much a staple for most Guild crews. Cheap significant model that gives good healing to our masters

Brutal Emissary: Great for moving Lady J around the board

Francisco: Buffs Lady J defense and can help move her

Austringer: Can make anyone a decent scheme runner and help move the crew

Recruiter: Can keep Lady J alive if you have a hand

Jury (Wave 5): Recruiter can keep her alive and she brings healing and card draw to the crew

and Guild has a lot of nice self sufficient models

Peacekeeper: Big scary beater

Abuela: Pseudo obey and can ranged damage. Moves fast if paired up with a model with no (0) action

Pathfinder: Good ranged model and can summon traps to choke off areas (or drive them into Lady J's sword)

Hunter: Good cheapish minion (though think might prefer wave 5 monster hunters over them now)

Master Queeg: Can help move the crew, allow minions to take interact actions and hold promises upgrade to up MI and WP duels

Judge: also works well with recruiter and can help move models around (though expensive)

Watcher: good scheme runner

field reporters: good scheme runners and denial 

stalkers: good condition removal

I did something fun last night with the following crew

Lady J

Abuela

Grimwell

trap (though it ended up not being needed, might take stones instead next time.

death marshall

Death Marshall recruiter

scales

sexycutioner.

so I bury Lady J with Glimpse, and use abuela to make death mashall bury the executioner.  I then use grimwell to walk forwards twice, and move the death marshall upfield.  The death marshall then charges grimwell, possibly burying him depending on the cards and releasing executioner to go do his bloody work.  With luck, that then deposits LJ upfield too, to further cause havoc.

Lady J was my first master, and she's still my favorite.  My base 30 (well... 32) with her is:  

Lady J - Badge of Office & Last Stand

Frank - Wade in & Hermanos

Master Queeg - Promises

DM Recruiter

Brutal Effigy 

Then I usually add in all the pieces everyone has already suggested depending on the schemes & strategy; hounds (awesome for activation control and tar pitting), austringers, pathfinder, death marshals, or the lone marshal.  

I've actually run her a lot with the pale rider.  It's an expensive model stone wise, but if you keep it alive until turn 3 it's really hard to shift and can serve as both a killing machine and a scheme runner at the same time.  

If you want to get the most out of the inspiring swordplay though, stalkers are great for that.  It also depends on how aggressive you like to play. 

• 2 weeks later...