GG2017 Which model choose to score 3 points

Atoli

Hi

Ok, so its more then 6 months of gaming with GG2017 and I would ask you what Strats and Schemes you like (or which you never take) and what model do you choose (and how you use it) to collect 4/3 points.

Strats:

Extraction

Interference

Headhunter

Guard the stash

Collect the Bounty

Always Available Claim Jump

Available on Doubles Eliminate the Leadership

M Accusation!

c Dig Their Graves

t Leave Your Mark

R Frame for Murder

1 Covert Breakthrough

2 Undercover Entourage

3 Show of Force

4 Hunting Party

5 Hidden Trap

6 Recover Evidence

7 Set Up

8 Search the Ruins

9 Mark For Death

10 Tail 'em

11 Inspection

12 A Quick Murder

13 Last Stand

Yes i understand that :) im asking for your preferences. Do you always play with diffrent models? Do you have any favs schemes? If so how what do you use models you choosefor them? Whats your pref master for strats? Do you prefer hounds or reporters as scheme runners? And so on :)

Captains can actually do claim jump. I have tried both one of those and triple hounds to get it done.

I don't have any auto-includes, I like changing my lists. I also feel that guild aren't like arcanists/ressers/nvb who have models tailored for each scheme. Dig their graves for example can be done with Phiona (whom I don't own) but you can also use Lucius/Hoffman/McMourning/McCabe to get that marker out with different models depending o which of the above you took. Witchling thralls also combo nicely with their free attack but aren't essential.

I like any henchman with something + debt to the guild for show of force. Preferably two henchmen  or in combination with an enforcer so they really need to work hard to deny it.

• Like 1

This topic feels a bit too wide to approach really. There are some general guidelines, like Nino is good if Headhunter is in the pool, but that also depends on the table, and he won't be able to help you score from it at all, but he will make it quite difficult for the opponent.

Looking at the scheme pool and just thinking how you can score full points probably means you are setting yourself up for a loss. What you actually should be thinking is, how you can score more than your opponent, and that actually comes down more to denying your opponent's scoring opportunities than it comes to maximizing your own score. That's why you can't just include a Guard Sergeant and assume that he will be able to complete Claim Jump on his own. If he is able to do that without the opponent interfering, the opponent is playing like shit or scoring somewhere else.

All of that obviously doesn't mean that you shouldn't include a Guard Sergeant. A model that can threaten to complete a scheme on its own should provoke a reaction from the opponent, and that is something that you should also be prepared for.

I guess my point here is that you should be looking at the scenario, opponent's faction and the table as a whole, and as such, there aren't any models that should always be picked when certain strategies or schemes are in the pool. Except Francisco, you should always take Francisco.

• Like 4