Lady J and reactivate

jphealy

12 minutes ago, jphealy said:

Curious why is there the reactivate exculusion on J's conflux?  The only reactivate in guild I can think of is Daschel and that's minion only I believe. Was this just future proofing?

Getting reactivate on the Emissary isn't possible. It's just there to try and prevent unburying Lady J on the first turn, unsuccessfully if I may add.

• Like 1

Oh ya, but that was pointed out the moment they threw those rules out in the wave 3 open beta.  They had to know that you could.  I made a point of doing it right off the bat with Abuela in a battle report.  Not sure if they were okay with it that way, just not possible getting reactivate and double moving doing it, not sure but that is how it went down.

22 minutes ago, EnternalVoid said:

Oh ya, but that was pointed out the moment they threw those rules out in the wave 3 open beta.  They had to know that you could.  I made a point of doing it right off the bat with Abuela in a battle report.  Not sure if they were okay with it that way, just not possible getting reactivate and double moving doing it, not sure but that is how it went down.

The bury and reactivate thing seemed to imply they didn't want LJ popping out. Why ban buries otherwise.

Was there ever an open beta for wave 3?

13 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

The wave three beta sucked because they did the Campaign beta at the same time.  Since people want to do avatars, they for the most part didn't playtest much of the Emissarys.

That was when I hit beta fatigue and had to get out.

Now I remember.

@Myyrä Since no one has ever mentioned LJ being problematic since the emissary beta and I've barely even heard of her played in a tournament game I guess it isn't too powerful. I'm still sad for the good Lady because when some future release allows everyone to reactivate their emissaries ahe will be left out. :(

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Sybarite said:

How do you unbury her turn one? :)

Abuela or Judge forces the emissary to bury her before it's activation turn one. Somewhere after that the emissary goes and does its activation, thus popping Lady J on the table next to itself or any scheme marker it can see.

If it just double walks that should place you slightly across the center line. If they dropped a marker to use for practiced profuction, Philip and the nanny or something equally silly you could be in their deployment zone.

With Lady J specifically I take it? Cause Hoffman can get them pretty far up with a fast, nimble watcher given extra ap and McCabe can use his hounds.

Unless I'm mistaken watchers have the best move value so obeying or pushing one of those seems like the way to go. Grimwell, Judge and Francisco could get it further up and give it something along the lines of 9 extra inches before it moves. It's really expensive though and hardly necessary. I would probably just push the emissary up instead and charge with it to then pop the ol' Lady out.

• Like 1

The most cost efficient way of getting that scheme marker down is probably using an Austringer's Deliver orders on something that double walked earlier that turn. If you don't want to invest much extra Abuela is a decent choice, because some other model could have easily pushed her 5" and you can also use her to get the Emissary to bury lady J. Guard Sergeant can also be utilized with his ability to move a scheme marker as a (0) action.

In reality the easiest way to get that max distance is to just move the Emissary. Even Franc can do that on the first turn after buffing Justice. The scheme marker option, in my opinion, is best done cheap just to provide you an alternative attack vector if your opponent tries to avoid the Emissary directly. In that case my recommendation would be a Watcher/Reporter + Austringer/Guard Sergeant. They can just do what they would have most likely done on the first turn anyways and drop a scheme marker near center line. They can take care of most of your scheming needs in the later turns as well.

21 minutes ago, Myyrä said:

Does not work.

Why? The traps have no rule that stops them interacting, they just don't generate AP and are peons. (And I've just looked at the errata and can't see any changes that would have stopped this working)

Doh - From the shadows. Yes it doesn''t work

• Like 1