Using the Emissary

Davos

Hey fellow Outcasters.  Hoping you can provide some advice.  I've been looking at the Emissary and think it could be a strong addition for my masters (Von Schill and Levi). That being said, in my Von Schill lists I'm already very starved for stones, so.  What does your list for Von Schill, running Emissary, look like?  Then, I think the synergy with Levi could be really interesting, since Levi runs a lot of hired out of faction minions, the generic Emissary upgrade works well.  Then, I think giving Ashes & Dust the trinket that grants him Don't Mind Me makes Dig your Graves a Joke to complete.  What other models would you run in a Levi/A&D/Emissary list?

Cheers 

He's okay with von Schill and Hannah as you can rip his shirt off twice in a turn and really shred your opponents hand and mass paralyse if you can catch a decent amount of models in the pulses.

Just use him in a standard vS bubble crew: vS with upgrades and cache, Hannah, HpE, trunk, librarian/Sue/Johan/SaS/Laz/A&D to suit your taste. It's slow and obvious and not overly interesting to play. You'll get out-activated often which sucks and might mean you don't get the best use out of your strong models or get parts dragged out of the bubble, but against the right opponent you can roll that ball of death up to the middle and own it.

I see no reason to use him in a Levi crew other than to run the 4 Horsemen list. A&D with Don't Mind Me is great but once the HpE has done that he is pretty weak and expensive compared to the options that a levi crew has access to.

• 2 weeks later...

I love giving A&D don't mind me... But I agree I'd only do it in a non-Levi list. Levi has (in my experience) better things to spend stones on and the minion buff isn't particularly great when a lot of the it off faction models are enforcers.

I most use the emissary with misaki as the +1 AP on her is awesome.