How are you using Jaakuna Ubume

Gypsey

I'm almost at the point where I own the entire resser faction, except for sloth.

Jaakuna Ubume has been in my possession for s while yet I've only used her in Henchmen Hardcore. Yet I see so much potential.

The dream for me is Jaakuna and two drowned locking down the center of the board. Yet she never makes the table for me. Granted, im only now building Kirai and the non-undead spirits. 

The Jaakuna indirect damage can be great for denying the suited scheme, Frame for Murder. 

My question is, how have you used Jaakuna? And how glorious is it killing models with terrain damage?

12 minutes ago, mojopin said:

I love putting 'admiration' on her and summoning sheishins with datsue ba. Si gets right where she has to be real fast

good idea! it's hard for her to get into position with walk 4.

Jaakuna was the very first single model I bought, but I was disappointed with her quickly. She has low Df and no real defensive abilities (incorporeal is deceptive, you pay for an ability which is ignored by too many models, and your opponents crew usually includes at least one them; manipulative is more hand-drain mechanic, becomes a defensive ability if you have many different hand-drain mechanics). She is also a bit counter-synergistic with herself (manipulative + denial of sanzu). Jaakuna + Drowned - this combo never appealed to me, maybe with search the ruins in the pool I would try it, but, as I said, she will likely die on turn one or two if exposed, and if not, her aura won't work.

The only master I use her often with is our cousin Jack Daw. She gives him an access to Lure, can be pushed and obeyed by him, and Jack has access to many hand-drain mechanics, which makes her Manipulative more reliable as a defensive tool. But maybe I should just give her more love and try her again some day in Ressers.

I used her in some funny games in my yan lo crew. He can give her armor and it combines very nice with incoporeal. He is also able to heal her up if she gets low on wounds and with lightning dance you can place whichever model you like next to her