Unboxing Malifaux - Parker Barrows 'A Fistful of Scrip' Starter Set

GMort

I just got my first game with Parker in the other day.  He is radically different in play style versus what I typically run.  The crew was a lot of fun, but I don;t think my buddy enjoyed the ten minute Parker activations.

I did manage to find a couple small-ish combos with him and his crew; nothing too mind blowing, but certainly worth using in certain circumstances.  Once I get a firmer grasp on them, I'll probably throw them on here.

I find Parker's activations pretty simple. I start with Oath Keeper, Stick Up, and one of his Limiteds (or Coordinated Heist if I have a lot of Bandits). Drop Oathkeeper for fast, discard Stick Up for a walk action, spend my 4AP pushing models around (in the past I get Emissary to hand out a couple of upgrades, then push him across towards the center line if I'm doing Claim Jump), then I pick up Stick Up with Five Finger Discount and move on. The rest of the turns is basically a 3AP version of turn one. I do occasionally shoot things.

8 hours ago, catbat07 said:

Is there a reason why the new models aren't included on the unboxing page?

Laziness on my part ;)

I bet it's horribly out of date, isn't it?...

...not anymore...though I may have missed something...there's a lot of them now...

On 05/27/2017 at 6:00 AM, Freman said:

I find Parker's activations pretty simple. I start with Oath Keeper, Stick Up, and one of his Limiteds (or Coordinated Heist if I have a lot of Bandits). Drop Oathkeeper for fast, discard Stick Up for a walk action, spend my 4AP pushing models around (in the past I get Emissary to hand out a couple of upgrades, then push him across towards the center line if I'm doing Claim Jump), then I pick up Stick Up with Five Finger Discount and move on. The rest of the turns is basically a 3AP version of turn one. I do occasionally shoot things.

Don't get me wrong - I love Parker - but I find needing an 8 for the push to be pretty steep, and I find some turns when I use Parker as a pusher I end up either wasting AP or draining my hand.

3 hours ago, apes-ma said:

Don't get me wrong - I love Parker - but I find needing an 8 for the push to be pretty steep, and I find some turns when I use Parker as a pusher I end up either wasting AP or draining my hand.

I have had turns like that. One game turn I had nothing over a seven in my hand, and the deck gave me nothing either. I did win the game though, which was lucky.