Family Ortega,tactical topic

Fazza92

Hi guys,

I played Arcanists for 8 months with a rate of victory on 80%, more on less.

Now I'm playing Guild by 2 months and I've an 80% rate of...losing.

I've open this topic for talking about Perdita and his crew.

At first what upgrade you take for 'Dita?

I usually take,trick shooting and aura ancestral.

There are other upgrade that can I choose?

Is good Os Veo against Neverborn and Resser?

I found that Perdita is a solid model only within 2 of Francisco.

Perdita within 2" of Francisco ,are 13 soulstone in 2".

Usually when Francisco charge or is lured ecc. and Perdita hasn't Df\Wp9...She dies.

So,do you take badge of office?If yes against who?

I've found Perdita a very expensive model in terms of soulstone (with only cache 2)...and in some scheme/strategy is not a good master.

And about Family models to help she with relocate ,what do you select?I've thinked Abuela that can be pushed at 0 cost...

Preface: I don't have an amazing track record but I do alright.

Francisco and a pistolero de latigo can be nice to push to and I am fond of Abuela. You don't need a ton of targets. Between relocate, the nephilim's push and obey you should be able to end with Perdita within 2" of Francisco and then companion into him so he can give her el mayor before charging away or whatever you want to do with him. Letting Abuela and Perdita get a peacekeeper right in their face can take some pressure off Perdita herself and if you keep her mayored they will likely prefer to kill Francisco and the PK before her. 

You also need to take advantage of her 14" range, there's no need to put her right in the center of their crew, she can influence a lot of the board from just a few inches from her deployment zone. If you move her last turn 1 and right before that put on el mayor you can probably just relocate to Francisco and then shoot three things.

Vengeance bullet can be fun. Together with a ss for a ram and a cheated ram on that you have min dmg 6 ignoring armor. Watchers are helpful so you can ignore armor even against models in cover as well as the fact that they can extend your range to let her hurt things around 17" away and out of LoS.

People tend to expect that they can run her like some kind of Juggernaut of Death, but she really is at her best when she is using her threat range and mobility to keep her safer.  

Upgrades, trick shooting is a must, Vengence bullet is a probably, and os veo or Aura ancestral is matchup dependent.   

I will agree that she struggles in some of the new scheme sets.  GG2017 is particularly painful for a master that likes to kill at distance.  

I really like Abuela as well, she just packs a lot of value for her points.

I'm running in a league where you have 3 fixed lists, where you can't share models between lists.  My Dita list is Perdita with Os Veo, vengance bullet, and trick shooting, frank with wade in, abuela, santiago with debt, the emissary with conflux, the enslaved neph, and the effigy.

So far that list is two and 0 (including a really difficult matchup against a shooty Mei Fang list).  I will beat the hell out of santiago first turn just to get him down to half wounds, then box him with abuela obeying the emissary.  That way santiago can pop out and shoot the heck out of an important model for the other side.

All those pushes this list has will really help with mobility and at getting people out of engagement.

• Like 1

I have used Perdita quite a lot but with varying success, GG17 isn't easy for her and her 'family' crew but certain schemes she does great and she is definitely competitive.

Depending on the schemes/strategy usually dictates if I will take Nino or not, his ability is really nice to blocking the enemy to make interact actions near the rest of the family.

Perdita I will always take trick shooting and then sometimes the passes duels/gives out +2WP (opponent depending) or at times vengeance bullet (usually if I am trying to eliminate the leader or quick murder). She isn't fragile but her wounds soon drop without the DF/WP boost, however in most instances she should be out of the danger zone (good range and free moves make this happen).

Franc a lot of people see as 'just' a meat shield but he is also a good beater and I always find there is a point in the game where he can happily be sacrificed if he takes out an opponents key model. Papa has uses but has to be handled well since he can no longer be boxed.

Abuela I really like, the 0 push speeds her up and the 0 she has for an extra action is really tasty too. I generally find in a family based crew Franc is an auto take, then Abuela is usually in the crew (unless I feel Santi will be more worthwhile) then I take either Papa or Nino (very rarely both) and then fill out the crew accordingly based on schemes/strat. Filling out is often Pistolero/Austringer/Brutal/Enslaved nephilim.

Santi although is often criticised (and isn't amazing) does have opportunities to shine, a decent scheme runner that is difficult to put down (decent wounds and hard to kill) and he can usually out damage other scheme runners. His shoot into combat is situational but sometimes handy and if using Nino he can widen the no interact action range.

Hope that helps a little :) 

As a fellow Perdita player (was first crew way back in '12) I think she has lots of power but needs to play with more than just shooting things off the board.  The 17 GG have made it tougher for her to just show up and shoot.  The game has evolved with some small power creep and some new ways to mitigate the damage she can put out.  But you may want to rethink your post title...Tactica Mexican is a bit rough. Tactica Ortega or something with less racial vibe.

• Like 2

Thank you guys, so I add a question so,in every play there are schemes that require scheme markers,I think that Perdita love surround herself with expensive models(Francisco,Abuela,Emissary,Peacekeeper...),so with what models do you place markers?

I usually hire a watcher,but It lonely cannot make schemes,so I tend to use models that cost 7 ore more soulstone to place marker...and usually I hire a Austringer for deliver orders...

Maybe Abuela can be a good model to place scheme ?

p.s.Sorry,I'm Italian and I've not see any racial vibe in tittle's topic,but if you want I change it.

• Like 1

You should be able to fit the effigy and some other cheap model in if the pool requires markers, you really don't need the entire family. An effigy and a watcher should do fine unless the pool is insanely interacty in which case you might be better off with some other list entirely. Worst case you can drop it with a 7ss model, stranger things have happened. I've had Francisco spend entire games just putting on distract and putting up finesse, if he is tying up a 10+ ss model it is worth it without a doubt.

Not sure how offensive the title is, the Ortegas were all born in Mexico in the fluff, right? All mexicans in malifaux aren't necessarily Ortegas though.

• Like 1

Agreed with above. Perdita crews are elite. They can take a lot of scheme running stuff but it's ok to play elite.  I know GG17 favors activation control, but you have enough models on your side to still place schemes and remove enemy models that will contest them. I think people are too hung up on having 9,10, 15 activations in a game that is really only 5 turns. Perdita can lower those numbers. I like schemes that allow her to score and be useful because she runs a elite crew. Counter their lower point scheme runners with Santiago or even Papa LOco.

Tactica Mexican would be like saying Tactica Negro (Marcus, Ironsides) or Tactica Vulva (any Female Master). It may not appear offensive, but labels matter.

I think she wins with Sonnia as she doesn`t need as much support.

I usually play her with around 9 models (which is my standard crew number). I would most likely take Francisco, Effigy and Abuela as auto-picks. Then its probably one high SS model (Grimwell or Peacekeeper) and then its all Dogs/Reporters with maybe an Austringer/Pathfinder in the middle.

I usually shut stuff just to take out the key models (Slop haulers, Angelica etc) and kill the rest in melee since its min 3 and if you hit moderate you start to put serious hurt.

• Like 1

@Steven70 last time I checked, mexican wasn't a race but a nationality so it's hardly anywhere near some of your suggestions. It's like saying tactica brittish or tactica swedish or something.

The main problem is that the terms Ortega/Latigo/family/mexican aren't interchangeable even if the crew relies heavily on stereotypes of mexican culture. Maybe some people have really negative stereotypes of mexicans but it can hardly be offensive to use the word?

Sorry if this is sliding off topic...

If you like having some more risk in your life you can have a lot of fun with Papa. Perdita herself really likes the positives to damage so she can use multiple crits while still getting a positive to the damage flip. You probably won't keep it up the entire game but just having Perdita with that turn 1 can make some difference. Papa also tends to control enemy movement and can shoot into cover.

Tomorrow I'm going to try a Perdita crew with 9 models to try it.

I think Papa Loco a good model,I've used he several times and I found he a good supporter.But I see that against models that shoot or cast heavily I tend to keep he far of my model (so Perdita cannot benefit from Hold This) for fear of an explosion...

Papa is a great model and can be really useful if you keep him safe while Perdita is at optimum range then when things get him close let him go and blow up. With Obey from Perdita and Abuela's 0 action you can get passed his 4" WK quite well to position him ready for the boom.

I just built up my Nellie crew over the weekend so looking forward to trying Dita with the reporters

This evening I play against Neverborn:

Headhunter,corner dep.

Frame for murder

Tail'em

Leave you're mark

cover breakthrough 

I want to try 'Dita (in Head hunter is hard,I know).

I think to:

Dita with trick and aura anscestral 

Francisco with wade in

Peacekeeper with debt to guild

Abuela

Nephilim

effigy/watcher

3 hounds

5Soulstone

I'm not sure about Nephilim...

And I've little fear with only 5 stones...

Maybe can be a good Idea switch Pk for emissary to use back in the box on sucker?And to go at 7 cache or 6 + numb to Francisco

What do you think?Schemes probably tail'em and frame on a dogs?

Play Perdita laid back, you don't want her tailed anyway so blast away at range and 5ss should be plenty. Try to not kill stuff with her unless you can drop the head within the engagement range of one of your own models. You could also kill something and obey one of your own guys in with your last ap. Dogs have companion so you can kill something and companion into a dog picking up the head without the opponent getting a chance to react. You need to be mindful of their interact aura though.

You really want the nephilim, it can push you both if you get tailed or if you need to pick up heads.

The list should be able to do any of the schemes.

Make sure to take Nino and a good few family members, with a decent line of sight you will make it so that your opponent cannot pick up the heads the things you kill drop. Papa to some extent could help here as people wont want him getting in close and exploding.

The nephilim is great for mobility, it is almost an auto include in my Dita lists.

I win 9-5 but with an error of my opponent that choose a sorrow like sucker...

If he probably choose the poltergeist,he gave 1or 2 point more.

I played good but I've not shoot with Perdita to Nekima thinking that she was the Sucker...and she kill a dog and Peacekeeper.

On 2017-05-30 at 4:12 PM, Fazza92 said:

Yeah Nino can be a good choice...but I've need to leave Abuela for it...?Abuela can Help PK surviving giving it the Family caracteristic (to go WP 7)....

Nino can shut down all their interacts on the right board.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Fastest Draw In Malifaux. It's pretty much mandatory as far as I can tell, gives you a better shot at winning that critical initiative flip, and takes some pressure off your hand if nothing else.

I have yet to get any mileage out of her other new upgrade - Spotter is just a better way to shut down marker heavy pools. 

Typically I take the Nephilim, Trick Shooting, and Fastest Draw. Beyond that I build for strats and schemes. If it's interact heavy then Nino, Abuela, a Guardian to marry in, etc. If it's murder happy then, well, it's a guild crew...

EDIT - Beta beat me to Fastest Draw. But yeah, what they said.