Wong learning crew help?

green-n-dumb

18 hours ago, Sergrum said:

In general i feel like Wong can do a lot of schemes and strats well. Below is probably how i would personally run him now a days. 

Wong- Do Over, Ooo Glowy

2 Swine Crused

Burt- Dirty Cheater

Frank- Stiltz

3 Stuffed Piglets

This leaves 12 SS. Below are some of the things i'd use in those slots.

Trixie/DC/Stuffed/1SS

Taxi/DC/2 Stuffed

2 Lighting Bugs/Stuffed

Minus Frank and a stuffed pig, my core is almost the same thus far. After reading the swinecursed, I cant wait to finish painting my other one to get it in the field. So many wonky combos you can do in this list

Just now, green-n-dumb said:

Thanks for replies!
ill paint my Wong and will do some test games with different set-ups.
And i got it right - his totem is absolutely useless? (On of my clubmates want to buy her for his Showgirls collection :D)

She isn't absolutely useless as such but Cranky is just tons better and Wong can do plenty fine without a totem at all so Assistant is left on the bench a lot. Both her Tactical Actions are solid.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So to keep this topic relevent, my eyes have been opened to the stupidity that is Glowy Burt, he has my heart right now. As a scheme runner that can heal the reckless damage, then alpha strike almost anything into submission. Ive also been playing the swine cursed as scheme runners to some degree of success. Not sure how else to run them in the lead up to the Alpha strike. Thoughts? 

21 hours ago, goat90 said:

So to keep this topic relevent, my eyes have been opened to the stupidity that is Glowy Burt, he has my heart right now. As a scheme runner that can heal the reckless damage, then alpha strike almost anything into submission. Ive also been playing the swine cursed as scheme runners to some degree of success. Not sure how else to run them in the lead up to the Alpha strike. Thoughts? 

A col turn 1 moove, if you don't want them up ahed immediately is to use their one to pub 4" shed a model. Great if you have McTavish .

The "Trust the Glow" part just says "Whenever this model deals damage with an attack action, it deals +1 damage".   It doesn't stipulate "to the target" or something like that which would limit it.   So it should apply to the blasts.  It would also then apply to any other weird damage results (dumb luck for example) since those are just "an attack action dealing damage" also.

• 2 weeks later...

So what about aionus lol

- Wong

+ Oooo Glowy

- aionus

- swine cursed

- swine cursed

- Burt 

+ Dirty cheater

- lightning bug

Flex of 9 stones

Some combination of the below

Old cranky 

taxidermist

lightning bug

1-4 stuffed piglets

do over

(I'm leaning towards lighting bugs + 2 stuffed which is still a decent model count of 9)

Wong does schemes and does some damage when the enemy gets 2 close. Aionus/ lightning bugs can spread slow. lightning bugs/ Swine cursed and Burt can be launched from aionus's 4 inch bubble with 4 ap(reckless & discard a 6/8/8 card). So 20 inch charge range from glowy swine cursed Or collecting heads from 15 inches away starts to be the norm. Also if you get your bubble to the center in something like guard the stash it just makes it hard for the opponent to get anything to stick because lots of slow gums their models down and 4 ap even at 2/3/3 from lighting bugs + triggers is a bitch to deal with. Aionus 0 actions are interesting if you Wana play with scheme markers but also just doing midnight for the global friendly scheme marker push and the 5/54 chance for a free scheme marker for Wong to play with isn't bad.

(Edit: to add old cranky to flex because giving the bubble + flips to def duals and + 1 wp is pretty sick. Also he can scheme pretty okay, gets fast for a 5 and he can trade any of the 1-4 value cards for something that can at least give your models fast.)