Unboxing Malifaux - 'Nellie Cochranes 'The Pen is Mightier' Starter Box'

GMort

Kind of wish I could have been able to see this before I assembled Nellie, Phiona, and my printing press.  I found as I got near done I did not like the papers coming out and how they looked on the actual model so instead tried to close the bag a bit.  I had already attached it to Nellie so I was not able to completely close it with out problems.  If I could I would have gone back, cut it, and remodeled it closed.

All of Phiona was easy for me save those darn arms making sure they lined up.  Had to adjust that all to heck and even trim a bit extra off to get it to work.

As for the printing press, that was a just a nightmare.  I don't know if you had an issue with the instructions like I did but it looks like it tries to tell you to put 4 legs on one side and 2 on the other.  I was second guessing myself on all those legs as I was not sure and did not want to start gluing them only to find my dry fit was off or something.  Labeling this one as my most hated model assembling *but love it in game and now that it is assembled*.  Will add one more note, you can choose not to glue on the top half right away so you can paint the legs easier.  I left the top half assembled and loose for that purpose.

On 2017-5-28 at 10:23 PM, EnternalVoid said:

Kind of wish I could have been able to see this before I assembled Nellie, Phiona, and my printing press.  I found as I got near done I did not like the papers coming out and how they looked on the actual model so instead tried to close the bag a bit.  I had already attached it to Nellie so I was not able to completely close it with out problems.  If I could I would have gone back, cut it, and remodeled it closed.

All of Phiona was easy for me save those darn arms making sure they lined up.  Had to adjust that all to heck and even trim a bit extra off to get it to work.

As for the printing press, that was a just a nightmare.  I don't know if you had an issue with the instructions like I did but it looks like it tries to tell you to put 4 legs on one side and 2 on the other.  I was second guessing myself on all those legs as I was not sure and did not want to start gluing them only to find my dry fit was off or something.  Labeling this one as my most hated model assembling *but love it in game and now that it is assembled*.  Will add one more note, you can choose not to glue on the top half right away so you can paint the legs easier.  I left the top half assembled and loose for that purpose.

Thanks, I'll add your observations into the article at some point over the weekend.

• 4 months later...