Basing for Ten Thunders?

CMKeller89

So I am going through and painting up a massive order of Ten Thunder models that I recently bought myself. I'm loving the game as well as the faction so much that I really want to give basing a try. This would be my first time doing some basing for a model so I was wondering if anyone had some good ideas (or pictures for inspiration) of how to go about creating some really great but fairly easy Asian themed basing for them.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Unfortunately, the month passed, but there were no answers.

I hope you will forgive me, CMKeller89, the fact that I'm posting in this thread with not an answer, but with a question too. I think there shouldn't be two almost identical threads.

In short, I have almost similar problem - can't decide on 10T bases. Their masters and models are too different thematically - while Misaki can be made with "water bases", Mei Feng can't - she wants something industrial. Shenlong can work with just sand, but Lynch needs wooden floor or cobble paving. And so on. Basing each master's crew differently isn't a good option too, since I'll mix and match models between crews and different bases on the same crew is just not right for me.

I'm looking for ideas for "unification", if anyone have any.

• Like 1

I gave up on creating unison on my Ten Thunders completely and I'm happy about it. I simply read the lore for each figure and create a base that best fits that figure and the tone for that character.

Obsidian Oni come from some sort of fire area and so they get a lava base

Misaki's crew are all near a riverbed

Jorogumo are in a dark forest covered in webs and spider eggs

Snipers are in some hills surrounded by dense forest

The Lone Samurai stands in a snow and arrow covered battlefield with flecks of cherry blossom scatter (beauty and war)

Asami and gang are all on a rocky coast

Oiran are inside on traditional japanese flooring 

Nuts to unification. This isn't a sports team! Every base and figure should tell a story.

• Like 1

This approach do have at least two pros:

1) When every model (type of models) based differently, it does not "hurt the eye" as much as would crew, where only a couple of models are different. So, it's kind of "unification" in absence of one.

2) This is an opportunity to try some bases that I wouldn't probably tried to do otherwise.

I need to think about this for some time. But most likely this is what I need. Thank you, Broken Clock

• Like 1