Kai

Wyrd Painting Contests Announced

We have a variety of painting contests coming up this year, and we'd love it if you took part in all of them! These contests are a great way to test your skills, or just to give yourself a painting deadline.

Displaying

Total Testosterone
Does your model have overwhelming muscles? The need for a big weapon? The underlying instinct to show off for the fairer sex? If the answer is yes, then your miniature is more than qualified for the Total Testosterone painting contest. To maintain a tight theme for this contest, your miniature must be male and a human (or humanoid type). Elf, human, dwarf, or cybernetically enhanced soldiers are all acceptable, so long as it’s packing a plethora of testosterone. Total Testosterone will be running from June 1st to the 30th.

Femme Fatale
The most dangerous women of the miniature world are ready to kick some ass. Just like with Total Testosterone, this contest has a tight theme. Your miniature must be female and a human (or humanoid type). Again, elf, human, dwarf, cybernetically enhanced soldiers all can fit the bill. Any weapon toting, spell wielding, powerful woman that can take your breath away, permanently, will do just fine! Femme Fatale will be running from July 1st to July 31st. Submissions will begin on July 1st, the last day of submissions will be July 21st.  Voting will be from July 24th – July 26th. We will announce winners on July 31st.

Creature Feature

Fangs, tails, claws, or wings - all of this helps qualify your model to be a star of the Creature Feature. The creatures of the world demand their time to shine! Your miniature must be distinctly NOT humanoid. This means animals, supernatural beasts, or anything that is clearly not humanoid. This does not include clearly humanoid monsters such as vampires, elves, dwarves, or cyborgs. Bring out your most fearsome beasts for this competition! Creature Feature will be running sometime in December or January. Details will follow in the coming months.

cb7b94b1-83d4-4fe9-a60a-2c37396ae2be.jpg                               
Unlike our monthly contests above, the Iron Painter is a multi-round online painting contest. It is a long, grueling competition where painters will be tasked with continuously producing a series of painted models within tight timelines. It is not a competition for the faint of heart (or brush).

More information on the 
Iron Painter and our monthly painting competitions can be found on our website.

• Like 7

For the monthly contests are there any other restrictions like rotten harvest? Like to posting pictures of the finished model or WIP pictures before the contest is closed?

Thanks.

Very cool and nice themes! Also appreciate the fact that you are keeping them open to all minis from any manufacturer.

It seems that the schedule for Femme Fatale is more precise than for Total Testosterone even though TT is first?

Oh, and a side note - white font is completely illegible on the light forum theme. Please keep the font colour standard if possible :) 

Math if you follow the link given in Kai's original post gives a more detailed breakdown of the Total Testosterone schedule :)

@Kai - Will each contest get a separate thread to post the model pictures? I would presume so but wanted to confirm :D 

Hey Rust (and everyone else) I have updated the painting page with the full ruleset for all three contests.  This will answer your question!

• Like 2

@Kai Thanks, but i still don't get it how to submit my work?

"Pictures of miniatures can be submitted any time during the contest up until midnight of the cut-off date, but none will be visible until the day voting begins. Submissions after the cutoff date will not be accepted, no exceptions. If you need to make a change, upload the image again and inform Kai (via PM on the Wyrd forum) to remove the old file." 

Where should i upload it?

On 15/8/2017 at 7:15 PM, Eichohrkatz said:

Short question, how and where can I sign up for the Iron Painter contest?

I'ts terrible don't know anything about it! :( And tomorrow is the last day to sign up!

Please keep in mind that as per the website, that is a tentative schedule.  People will have plenty of time to sign up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is the Iron painter started yet? If not,when it will be start?

I have a lot of miniature to assemblate and paint that are waiting for the contest!! :D

• Like 1