I Successfully won with master nekima ama

4thstringer

It was a game against Marcus in extraction.   The game came down to a few really lucky flips (initiative turn 3 that let me heal up nekima from one wound while finishing off the sabertooth and the razorspine.  this grew a young, then a mature).She still died to the blessed which I would have killed if it weren't for the black.  

The other lucky flip was with another summoned young earlier (summoned from killing Marcus).  That slow young was able to chain blood frenzy to get bishop down to two wounds ( who then hit back twice and killed himself and the young).

My opponent was able to kill the mature, but then lost his summoned one to graves. 

1 hour ago, Sybaris said:

Any reason you picked Lucius in particular? there was a previous thread that mentionned Lynch would be a good candidate due to the Hungering Darkness.

Laughs and the ability to get to 4 wounds voluntarily so nekima can one shot him.   

I forgot,  I also had a depleted. 

• Like 1

It seems both Lynch and Lucius have means to get down to 4 wounds. 

Given Lynch's ability to use aces repeatedly, he can "Play for blood" and loose to suffer wounds, dueling against Nekima's Wp 7 should do the trick...and even if she looses, she'll regain the wounds with her Birthright. It might be annoying if you don't have a very weak card to fail the duel, but it'll come up eventually by taking Mulligans. If you get the ace of mask, make sure to activate those Tots before doing Birthright, as they can sprint automatically with it.

Lucius has 2 ways of getting hurt; he can simply use Devil's deal to suffer wounds when he uses a soulstone, but he can also use Commnanding presence to allow a friendly model (let's assume Nekima) to strike him...at a slightly higher risk. With her very high Wp, odds are she'll pass the Horror duel right away, or can cheat it through, but there's that little Black Joker somewhere which could ruin your day. If going that avenue, Nekima could bring the Pact upgrade, almost ensuring she doesn't get paralysed by Commanding presence. Since she must use Birthright in her own activation, she could get a free "walk" in order to move toward her objective through Lucius's own walk...effectively making the "birthright" coup completely AP free.  It does make a nice image of Lucius prancing around Nekima only for her to cut him down like a fly.

Lynch brings in the Hungering Darkness though, for free, but he has a cache of 1 while Lucius has a cache of 4.

Knowing this...which one would be the best to bring in?

23 hours ago, Adran said:

If you bring in Lucius, and go for Pact,  you could also bring in Terracotta warriors for a bit  more upgrade re-arranging once you've gone master. 

At that point you are also buying a worthless surprisingly loyal,  making it even less cost efficient though. 

• 1 month later...

Oh god, you want me to remember.  Ok here goes.

Turn 1- engage marcus with my FFM Depleted, send tots up board, position BBS to not die, Nekima murders lucius, and then is able to engage and beat on someone with a second hit.

Turn 2- 5 massive fight in the middle, with lots of growing, lots of horror duels from nekima's pulses, Marcus dies, and a tot sneaks out to drop markers like crazy.  -end of game- Profit!

If going with Lucius, I think either Primordial Magic or the Scribe would be quite good with "master" Nekima.  The Scribe gives better Df, can push her out of combat and remove conditions.  Primordial... well you guys know what it does.

I also think the Effigy would work well for survivability too as he can give Nekima Rapid Acceleration.

I really like that list @4thstringer  Did you go for True Mother on Nekima from A Thousand Faces?  Which do you guys prefer, both True mother & Rapid growth?  Just one?

What did you do for Lucius first activation?  Just three walks for Issue Command (Who'd you give that to? Graves Nekima & ?)?

1 hour ago, Da Git said:

If going with Lucius, I think either Primordial Magic or the Scribe would be quite good with "master" Nekima.  The Scribe gives better Df, can push her out of combat and remove conditions.  Primordial... well you guys know what it does.

I also think the Effigy would work well for survivability too as he can give Nekima Rapid Acceleration.

I really like that list @4thstringer  Did you go for True Mother on Nekima from A Thousand Faces?  Which do you guys prefer, both True mother & Rapid growth?  Just one?

What did you do for Lucius first activation?  Just three walks for Issue Command (Who'd you give that to? Graves Nekima & ?)?

Its been a while, so I am working from memory.  I almost always go thousand faces on Nekima.  I don't think I went true mother, but I don't mind both for the double growth move.  

Lucius's first activation was used to get the depleted into a spot to engage marcus to lock him up and eventually get frame, as well as moving some other models around.  I think the tots, but I don't know for sure.