Making a Tara crew (50ss)

Tsyuukii

Hey, so I started Malifaux not long ago and chose Tara's crew to be my starter crew purely on the models design, I have learnt how to play her crew to an extent and bought some henchmen off my mate for a good price, I currently have the Tara crew consisting of Tara, The Nothing Beast, Karina and 3 Void Wretches, I also have Aionus, Hans, Vanessa and Johan, I am planning on buying The Guild's Judgement crew soon mainly because I want some Death Marshals and getting another master will be fun, anyway what I am asking is what is the most effective build for this crew and the models I have, some people tell me that Karina isn't actually that good and others say she is good so unsure whether to use her all the time, any feedback will be appreciated, thanks again :D.

• Like 1

If you have the models for Karina's summoning I think she is fine (and its a good excuse to start Ressers anyway).

Otherwise your most effective build depends, as always, on the strat and scheme pool. Beyond that its a matter of taste. Want to beast bomb? Get a Death Marshal and a second beater (Killjoy, Bishop, D-Engine...even the Scion). Want to go aggresivd bury? Get a Death Marshal, Hannah, Wretches, NB, Aionus and go to town. Want to run full support? Get a bunch of our 6-8 ss models like the Librarian, Johann, Convict Gunslinger, and Sue then go to town.

• Like 2

Thanks Krazy that has opened up a lot of options as i didn't really consider Hannah in a crew with Tara, Killjoy is really good and I think I will get him too, thanks for the reply and i'll consider lists for scenarios. i will definitely do summoning with karina I just need to get some of those ressers or at least borrow them off my mates :D

I'm running 2 fun lists with Tara (or will be, once my order arrives...)

Tara (4ss cache)
+Knowledge of Eternity (2)
+Obliteration Symbiote (2)

The Nothing Beast (10)
+Void Shield (0)
+Oath Keeper (1)

Scion of the Void (8)
+Oath Keeper (1)

Death Marshal (6)
Void Wretch (4)
Void Wretch (4)
Void Wretch (4)
Void Wretch (4)
Void Wretch (4)

^This list goes for an end of turn 1 double beast bomb (scion and beast) to try and take out some of their heavy hitters.

Tara (4ss cache, +1 left over)

Aionus (12)

Lazarus (10)
+Oathkeeper (1)

Bishop (10)

Desperate Mercenary (4)
Desperate Mercenary (4)
Desperate Mercenary (4)

^This list is to hand out Fast to everyone, and everyone appreciates it. And a reason to put Desperate Mercenaries on the table.

• Like 1

Farmour those are looking like some good lists, tell us how they turn out, I'm gonna try out different lists with the models I have and then get some more, the offensive bury tactic with Hannah seems good as I've found that burying can make enemies less threatening and also pull my own out of danger. 

• 3 weeks later...

No problem mate, this forum helps a lot, I have been searching for a lot of Tara lists but they haven't really helped me out, I know what to do now as a few posts on his thread have helped and I'm glad that this has helped you too Ellard. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If you can pick up one or two more models I cannot recommend the Scion of the Void and Sue highly enough. Sue is able to make the incorporeal members of your crew significantly more durable by making hostile casting actions that target a friendly model within 3" disadvantaged with his "the man comes around" action, and the Scion is a surprisingly durable and mobile damage dealer who can foil even the scariest damage dealers by simply "Going Home"

For outcast my standard Tara list is 

50 SS Outcasts Crew
Tara + 4 Pool
 - Dead of Winter (1)
 - Knowledge of Eternity (2)
 - Obliteration Symbiote (2)
Karina (5)
 - The Faces Of Oblivion (0)
Aionus (12)
Scion of the Void (8)
Death Marshal (6)
Death Marshal (6)