Welcome to Wyrd Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Da Git

Cyclops 17/05

33 posts in this topic

What if the Ice Pillars just got a short range to them, 3-4"?

3 hours ago, D_acolyte said:

I think Eat Your Fill leads to more tactical options and play where Hard To Kill will generally lead him to play more recklessly and like a battering ram especially early game.

I disagree. With HtK you get to balance out being at 5 Wds or not so you can actually make use out of Cyclopean Rage. With Eat Your Fill he can not stay at low wounds because he will just die. The only time you'd get use out of Cyclopean Rage then is when your opponent isn't able to kill him before he activates again, the only tactical play there is "Am I at or below 5 Wd? If yes discard Mask, if no discard Ram. Now attack and hope to kill something and then hope they somehow can't deal only 9 damage until it activates again".

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, santaclaws01 said:

I disagree. With HtK you get to balance out being at 5 Wds or not so you can actually make use out of Cyclopean Rage. With Eat Your Fill he can not stay at low wounds because he will just die. The only time you'd get use out of Cyclopean Rage then is when your opponent isn't able to kill him before he activates again, the only tactical play there is "Am I at or below 5 Wd? If yes discard Mask, if no discard Ram. Now attack and hope to kill something and then hope they somehow can't deal only 9 damage until it activates again".

I feel we are tackling this from 2 different ideas. You want to maximize the rage and usefulness of it. In which HtK is better because you can say he can survive X numbers of hit. To me that reduced him to a battering ram idea and that is not a bad thing, the faction has plenty of scalpels and threats that perhaps a battering ram is a good change. I am looking at this as a risk reward and making choices, in which EYF is better because if causes that do I kill and heal vs possibly something else like ice wall. I feel that HtK takes away from the risk reward of the model.

1 person likes this

The thing is without a way to utilize Cycolpean Rage, he's woefully underwhelming. Rage puts his stats where they should be. I agree with the switch to HtK.

What can I say after the test?  HtK makes the Сyclops surviving. Firstly, it's hard to kill of course. Secondly, the psychological aspect. If the enemy can not kill the Cyclops with one activation, there is a chance that he will choose another target. But, they are not immortal. It seems to me at the moment, this is a balanced model. The only thing I would add Rare 2, or maybe even Rare 1.

2 people like this

19 hours ago, Nekrons said:

What can I say after the test?  HtK makes the Сyclops surviving. Firstly, it's hard to kill of course. Secondly, the psychological aspect. If the enemy can not kill the Cyclops with one activation, there is a chance that he will choose another target. But, they are not immortal. It seems to me at the moment, this is a balanced model. The only thing I would add Rare 2, or maybe even Rare 1.

Thanks for testing this on the table! I'm still on the fence if HtK is the right fitm but I'm glad the model feels very balanced now. 

I do like that cyclopean rage means you can choose to live dangerously and use this model highly offensively, or keep him in a safe position to use his tactical actions. With that said, how nutty [or not] has frozen ruins been for other people?

i'm really torn on this model. He seems like  he is a hair from being really unique and good oddly enough. I don't think the numbers are right though. His MI is 5 people.... 5.. 8 wounds at defense 4.... I mean ice wall is really cool and interesting but 8 point for ice wall. what are you doing with ice wall to win the game that isn't better spend on a illuminated or a waldegeist?

Illuminated and waldgeists don't clog charge lanes nearly as well as the cyclops and (barring brilliance) don't bring the offensive pressure the cyclops does. On the other hand it's easier to position with illuminated and waldgeists, so there are tradeoffs. Frozen Runes could use a little more refining I think, maybe being target a marker then pulse from there, with a range to inital target to mesh with the discard ability but largely we're good.