Welcome to Wyrd Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

trikk

05.17 Monster Hunters

44 posts in this topic

I like both changes very much. Relish the Kill might be worth the two cards even without the heal and I think the current design encourages you to attack Stalked models and furthermore Stalk non-scheme runners. Weird part is Something to Prove doesn't affect Masters or Vik of Blood/Hungering Darkness

2 minutes ago, trikk said:

Weird part is Something to Prove doesn't affect Masters or Vik of Blood/Hungering Darkness

It is somewhat weird but not necessarily bad for game balance. It would be quite strong if it worked on masters.

Oh I'm not saying its bad. I'm just pointing out a weird interaction.

I do however feel a lot more tempted to field them with the current version tban the previous one

Yea two of these might just replace pistoleros in my dita crew

1 hour ago, trikk said:

Weird part is Something to Prove doesn't affect Masters or Vik of Blood/Hungering Darkness

Nonetheless, this guy has Sue's gun a lot of the time for only 6SS - Sh5 with + to the attack, min damage 3 with critical strike! That seems pretty great.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, apes-ma said:

Nonetheless, this guy has Sue's gun a lot of the time for only 6SS - Sh5 with + to the attack, min damage 3 with critical strike! That seems pretty great.

Like I mentioned earlier it wasn't a complaint. More of an observation

2 hours ago, trikk said:

I think it is that they are not trying to make a model that is designed to hunt masters and models like Vik of Blood/Hungering Darkness get by because of that choice.

All and all I can now see hunting larger models with them now.

1 hour ago, apes-ma said:

Honestly, this model scares me for all that.  a :+fate flip most likely 3/4/5 range 10 attack, with ability to make an extra attack per turn and potentially 4/5/6 for only 6 soul stones.

8 minutes ago, MetaphoricDragn said:

Honestly, this model scares me for all that.  a :+fate flip most likely 3/4/5 range 10 attack, with ability to make an extra attack per turn and potentially 4/5/6 for only 6 soul stones.

The 3/4/5 is only versus models that are 7SS+. Its also Sh5. The extra attack comes at a cost of a 6" walk directly towards the target.

They seem like a good ranged unit that doesn`t die to a stiff breeze.

1 minute ago, trikk said:

The 3/4/5 is only versus models that are 7SS+. Its also Sh5. The extra attack comes at a cost of a 6" walk directly towards the target.

They seem like a good ranged unit that doesn`t die to a stiff breeze.

its "only" against my most valuable models? that doesn't make me feel better, honestly that is usually like 90% of my crew.  Though I guess that means it is at least non master.  I'm more well versed in Neverborn, all our 3 min damage has the limitations of melee, I'd be really curious the know how common min 3 is on shooting, because 6ss seems incredibly cheap to get that.

14 minutes ago, MetaphoricDragn said:

Well, I don't hardly play guild, but in Outcasts I hire Sue ALL the time for a Sh5 gun with a + flip and 3/4/5 with the chance of 4/5/6. And of course Sue has other abilities, but I feel like if he was just the gun on a body at 6SS I'd take him all the time!

And to be honest, shooting at a <7SS model the 2/3/4 with a chance at 3/4/5 is good enough I would think!

I don`t think they are bad. I think they are not "OH POOP BROKEN" but definitely worth considering in a lot of crews but Guild lacks good non-master shooting. I played some OC and I think Sue is mostly taken for the anti-Ca aura and the pistols are mostly a (quite good) add on.

Does anyone else image Monster Hunters are going to look like Kraven?

Image result for kravenSpiderman

I think that with the new card he became much better.

For 6 Ss we have a good model that can help several Guild crew in many schemes.

I'm at first an Arcanist player but I play guild too,out of tournament.

And now I see a model that can Help many master to counter,for example Frame for murder.Sonnia,LadyJ,Perdita can have a little Breath with he,Beacause the damage-dealer master of guild come out with an Henchmen that do the same.

Especially Perdita that now can bring a Family model that take walk on walk for relocate her.

Yeah,Sh 5 is not great,and specially big models have armor,or can Soulstone.

And yeah,Masters and scheme runner like ice dancer cannot have fear for he.

But now I see it a playable models.

And specially NOW I see a monster hunter,specialized in combat and killing monster.

That Sh 5 gun with +flips and a very solid damage spread seems custom made to tear up Gremlin Enforcers, or Enforcers in general.

16 hours ago, Lonewolf240 said:

Does anyone else image Monster Hunters are going to look like Kraven?

Image result for kravenSpiderman

Nope, I see this. Well some other variant as well, I love the charge blade but can not find a good armor pic of it right now.

monsterhunter1.jpg

I especially love him for models with nimble, swift or reckless.  Cassandra especially becomes a great option to stalk.

Wow 2 cards and heal all wounds?! Does that not seem bonkers to anyone else? Especially considering stalked is a non resistible (0) action. It's like eat your fill.... and have some desert too

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Jordon said:

Wow 2 cards and heal all wounds?! Does that not seem bonkers to anyone else? Especially considering stalked is a non resistible (0) action. It's like eat your fill.... and have some desert too

I think it is has the possibility to be, I was thinking of trying him or the Jury this weekend.

2 hours ago, Jordon said:

It does require cards for stalk and timing and Guild doesn't draw a lot of cards. Our non-Master shooting department is pretty meh so those guys and gals can actually give us shooting advantage over Outcasts, Arcanists and Gremlins. You basically get free stalk and a card if you kill something but the damage versus models easy to kill is pretty bad.

2 minutes ago, trikk said:

It does require cards for stalk and timing and Guild doesn't draw a lot of cards. Our non-Master shooting department is pretty meh so those guys and gals can actually give us shooting advantage over Outcasts, Arcanists and Gremlins. You basically get free stalk and a card if you kill something but the damage versus models easy to kill is pretty bad.

Well I wouldn't say it's bad when targeting cheap models. At 6ss I'd say its average. The positives mean your ignoring cover which is pretty handy and will usually hit more accurately than a Sh6 model on average.

As for the two cards, I think it's a bit more than a 1 card draw because your most likely chucking out a garbage card so in essence your cycling out a bad card for a potentially good card AND you get another card.

Ultimately I feel like eat your fill on a ranged attack is already better than eat your fill on melee. Against a stalked model, your getting +1 Armour, potentially +1 damage and the ability to heal all your wounds. I feel like the +2 cards is probably a touch too far considering the bonuses to stalked models

Stalk doesn't give you pseudo armor and extra damage. It gives you the potential attack, discard to cheat and eat you fill. Sh5:+fate with 2/3/4 is bad for 6SS. Not average. Bad.

I do agree the bonus could be dropped to 1 card so you basically get a free stalk if you kill them

1 hour ago, trikk said:

Stalk doesn't give you pseudo armor and extra damage. It gives you the potential attack, discard to cheat and eat you fill. Sh5:+fate with 2/3/4 is bad for 6SS. Not average. Bad.

I do agree the bonus could be dropped to 1 card so you basically get a free stalk idmf you kill them

Do you think that kill will occur in every Turn? Because we have some problems with card drawing as a faction and this model gives us this possibility. It isn't card drawing on success or damaging, it's on kill.  I'm not sure that giving him free card for next stalk its enough for his stats, he don't seems so killy.

Versus certain 7+SS models I think he`s quite killy, especially if you flip/cheat a ram or two. They are quite good enforcer killers as you have a nice chance of killing some pesky models like Burt and with Enchanted Weapons they can harrass a lot of targets. While they might not be killy to kill the target in 2 shots they get the bonus if they just do the finishing hit and not take the whole model.