Welcome to Wyrd Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

trikk

05.17 Queller

23 posts in this topic

Its nice Surpression Markers work on stats and not actions.

But the action has a wording issue. If I have 3 Quellers and 1 of them dies I have to remove all markers from play. If there is space issue I'd drop the move marker trigger off the sword.

1 person likes this

That is true. Maybe don't bring 3 :-P

It also works for 2 and you want use to use more because you didn't make them rare 1! :P

4 people like this

20 minutes ago, trikk said:

It also works for 2 and you want use to use more because you didn't make them rare 1! :P

This change effectively makes them Rare 1 though.

2 people like this

It means that if you bring 2 you have some hustling to do to set them back up. Honestly it is hard for me to justify to of most models in a crew unless they are cheep, under 5 stones.

2 minutes ago, D_acolyte said:

It means that if you bring 2 you have some hustling to do to set them back up. Honestly it is hard for me to justify to of most models in a crew unless they are cheep, under 5 stones.

Considering its a suited card on a non-SS model I don`t think you`ll ever actually have the cards to bring them back.

3 minutes ago, trikk said:

Considering its a suited card on a non-SS model I don`t think you`ll ever actually have the cards to bring them back.

I can see that, but at least it is a low card and has a nice long range.

It`s not always a low card. It can also be an 8 or 9 because you don`t always get 3-5s or tomes.

I like it being suited since it is a powerful piece, but Guild is really starting to cannibalize :tome too much. I wonder if would be easier to use if it was a :crow trigger or up the TN a bit and make it a :tome or :crow trigger (or some other combination).

Someone should try running one with a pathfinder to try and setup dead areas on the map. 

16 minutes ago, trikk said:

It`s not always a low card. It can also be an 8 or 9 because you don`t always get 3-5s or tomes.

You might not always flip or cheat a low card but it still means if you have one you can use it. It is also a powerful ability that you are not necessarily in danger to do. There is a lot in the game that do not have a 12 inch threat without having a projectile attack.

It was a counterargument to your argument that at least its a low card.

moreover, the clause about removing markers should be an ability, not a part of actions effect. Cf. Widow's Waever "Center of the Web" ability (if I recall it's name correctly).

4 minutes ago, thatlatinspeakingguy said:

moreover, the clause about removing markers should be an ability, not a part of actions effect. Cf. Widow's Waever "Center of the Web" ability (if I recall it's name correctly).

And it should actually fit there :D

One qustion
I have 3 quellers. One of them dies.
Then every marker is removed?
If yes- how does this makes sense?

Thats the discussion of the last 5 posts. Yes. You remove all

16 minutes ago, trikk said:

Thats the discussion of the last 5 posts. Yes. You remove all

Sorry for some lazy reading.

In fact this markers remove gives at least some chance for ones who thinks, that quellers and their markers are broken.
I will say the correct wording will be "when this model dies and there are no frendly quellers in the game- remove all markers" or something like that.
On the other hand buff for "any printed suits" is extremly good. 

I think it should be as mentioned. If no friendly Quellers are in play remove friendly Surpression Markers.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, trikk said:

I think it should be as mentioned. If no friendly Quellers are in play remove friendly Surpression Markers.

If your suppression markers are doing things, then you need to protect all your quellers, not just one. Hiring more than 1 means that even after they kill one, you can still put down more markers. 

I personally feel that the ability to potentailly screw over an enemy crew and them not have a good way to stop it is powerful. At least now they can clear it for a bit by killing 1 queller rather than you hiding one at the back where they can't reach it. 2+ quellers still does something, so you can go for it. 

1 person likes this

If the action didn`t require a specific suit I`d be willing to agree but I do think its a very harsh price for losing the Queller. If I have 2 Quellers and the second one is sittina at the back so noone can reach it I`m 6SS which greatly increases the cost of markers.

1 hour ago, trikk said:

If the action didn`t require a specific suit I`d be willing to agree but I do think its a very harsh price for losing the Queller. If I have 2 Quellers and the second one is sittina at the back so noone can reach it I`m 6SS which greatly increases the cost of markers.

Yes, but it doesn't have to do nothing, it can be enchanting weapons ( Nino is not a bad Guild shooter, and Sam really hurts if anything gets near, there are also mercs), and its restraining wand is quite a ranged attack. 

Just now, Adran said:

Yes, but it doesn't have to do nothing, it can be enchanting weapons ( Nino is not a bad Guild shooter, and Sam really hurts if anything gets near, there are also mercs), and its restraining wand is quite a ranged attack. 

Enchanting Weapons is dependant on enemies. Sometimes it will do nothing. In that case all you are doing is walking around not getting seen just to keep those markers. I think if I do my best to place them strategically and then a lucky severe or RJ not only kills my models but gets all my markers down I wouldn`t say its fair.

I saw this model in a game last night, even without putting down the suppression marker the model seemed effective.

As the one who originally brought up removal of suppression markers I agree that it should only pick them all up when the last Queller is killed.