Buy list for Collodi?

esqulax

I know there is a tactica for Collodi, but a lot of the advice for models is a bit outdated, and I was worried that if I asked my question in there, few people would see it.

But what would you advice a Neverborn player to get when starting Collodi assuming that they have most of the Neverborn "staples"? I assume that the Brutal and Arcana Effigy are pretty crucial, but what about the others? Especially Mysterious and Hodgepot? 

Also did the Bunraku replace the Coryphee for Collodi or are they both needed? 

Thank you 

I love a beckoner in the crew.

Stitched are a staple for me with collodi and I've used rougarou recently too.

Mannequin are excellent for scheme marker heavy pools too.

On paper lazarus is pretty good but not used him yet.

To be honest, most decent minion beater models become very good with him

Widow weaver is amazing with collodi.

I'd argue that lucky is better than brutal in both fated and props, sure it's more random, but having a stitched on one wound flip a ram in a defense duel is amazing and happens surprisingly often and collodi flips so many cards he often heals more than he did from brutal.

Plus the damage track of 3/4/7 is nothing to sneeze at, even if it's mi3.

Mysterious emissary is another model that is almost always in my collodi list. Walking enemies into his terrain with collodi is devastating and the fact he is a puppet can turn him into a solid beater. Plus summoning full wound changelings is never bad.

Personally I love bunrakus for personal puppet. Using snatch when collodi is under attack works wonders. (He's also often my ffm choice as people really wants him gone).

all of the effigies are fantastic, but I for one never leave home without my brutal effigy. In a fated list it can heal your models back up after going fast from strum the threads and also provides some card draw. One of the strongest things about Collodi is the fast bubble, so try to lean toward puppets. While an illuminated may look better than a coryphee on paper, when the coryphee is fast it can make a big difference.

my go to pool usually consists of the brutal/arcane/carrion/mysterious effigy with some bunraku/coryphee tossed in. for some reason i never really liked the stitched but some peeps swear by them. also widow weaver and doppelganger are pretty good as is iggy. toss in a sorrow with them and you have a decent second "ball o' death"

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice everyone. I must admit that I am still a little lost as to what to get, since there is apparently so many things that are good with him, and if I got it all, I doubt I would use everything.

Are the coryphee still a good choice for him? I heard someone once say that they didn't use them much anymore after Bunraku came out. 

Also, could someone explain the love for Beckoners? I know that lure is a crazy strong ability, but you don't see Lilithu/beckoner in every Neverborn crew, yet I often hear that a Beckoner is crazy with collodi. 

Get what you like, there are many good things to get, so there isn't really 1 ideal buy this list. Nothing is essential in a collodi list, other than Collodi.

The more you buy, the more options you have, and you might find you prefer 1 option over another. For example you might not need both Corephyee and Buraku, in the same list, but you might find times when you prefer one over the other, but only you really can make that decision. 

Collodi often builds a "ball of death tm" since you want several models near him to swap buffs etc. One way to counter a "ball of death tm" is to avoid it. Beckoners don't let the enemy avoid it.