Welcome to Wyrd Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Adran

Bone pile 17 may

16 posts in this topic

Erm, is it just me, or does the new wording of "An extra set of..." do nothing?

At the start of the Turn,
choose one of the following bonuses. It
gains that bonus until the start of this
model's next Activation.

So you get the bonus until this model activates next. in which time it isn't going to walk or to count as 2 models. It might make a disengaging strike so that might happen. 

Would the wording "At the start of the turn chose one of the following bonuses. It lasts until this model chooses another bonus with this ability." work, and fit the intent?

2 people like this

I was just coming here to post this. Currently does nothing.

Still not the worst ability I have ever seen. ;)

1 person likes this

An Extra Set Of...: At the start of the Turn, choose one of the following bonuses. It gains that bonus until the start of next Turn:

1 person likes this

Think you are looking at 5/10 stats. 

It may be a good addition to a guises reva crew, being able to teleport to the other side of the board really quickly, and after that he  can be some sort of scheme runner with its +2Wk or two heads for controlling the board. The javelin can be good to let you be the one who punches first in melee, bu its stats are very squishy. I can see it Burying itself to make some fun combos with Tara or to avoid cursed objects or the like. If the sculpts are good I will be happy.

I can see why they needed to change it, otherwise it could unbalance certain schemes with summoners (Nicodem). Still an interesting model though. I wasn't sold on them at first, but even with the Df3 they can take a beating. Being able to teleport and count as 2 models can be very big in certain strats and schemes too. 

Do ressers of all factions need a model who may count as two. Of and it can be summoned too. The answer is no way. 

1 hour ago, Patzer said:

Do ressers of all factions need a model who may count as two. Of and it can be summoned too. The answer is no way. 

This is probly true, what we do need at this time is high chance to hit, and things that ignore stuff other than armor. We need some ranged that doesn't suck, and some mass healing other than nicos decay, it can do 1,2,3 I'm ok with it. Basicly a slop hauler lol. Also don't mind me would be nice... basicly not sold on the idea of this model...why not summon a doxy, use her 0 action to mess with some models positions, and walk once (or twice if not slow) and do more than this guy?

1 person likes this

Without being able to count as 2 models the model would be very much DOA. He does take a beating, but even then with Df3 will die. As is he's not horrible, but if you remove 2 heads I doubt anyone would take him. Especially at 6SS. Summoning them in at even lower wounds makes them even easier to take out. 

Maybe it needs a Rare limit? I'm not convinced that it does. 

2 people like this

While two head might be useful (in the turn after its summoned and in certain srategies) its this, at the end, the only reason to summon this 6ss model.

It has not very impresive attack actions and give up the gost will teleport him to a very limited (often near the summoner) positions (except again for reva or the rare occasion when you take the vulture with nico). Df 3 means not only receiving almost any attack but there are also very nasty actions not damage related that will neutralize him. Think of our df4 masters how easy they get devoured, pushed, slowed, paralized etc etc. 

I agree he's not wonderful, but I was surprised in the game I hired one. It was interference, so well suited, but he was major pain for my opponent. Having taken Asura as well meant I had a corpse where i needed one pretty easily. His teleport is situational, but was able to gain me a couple VP that game. 

1 person likes this

57 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Without being able to count as 2 models the model would be very much DOA. He does take a beating, but even then with Df3 will die. As is he's not horrible, but if you remove 2 heads I doubt anyone would take him. Especially at 6SS.

Came here to say this. +1

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, Daysleeper said:

Came here to say this. +1

Scrap the whole thing, make a giant pile that moves, put it on a 50 make it hight 4 and give it blocking terrain as an ability....boom seamus buff! Also it hands focus out..ill play Seamus again I sware!

2 people like this

28 minutes ago, 50 SS Enforcer said:

Scrap the whole thing, make a giant pile that moves, put it on a 50 make it hight 4 and give it blocking terrain as an ability....boom seamus buff! Also it hands focus out..ill play Seamus again I sware!

Interesting concept! Not sure if they would wan't to go that way to. 

Moving terrain/cover would be nice though

1 person likes this

I like these guys/gals. lol. I have played with them and they can be pretty handy. With the change to Extra Set of... it does make it a little more tricky to plan out your turn, but a good change. To those that say that Two heads is the deal maker/breaker, how many strategies and scheme does it effect?