No Gnashing In The Zone!

Hmm okay so here is what i'm thinking: 

My standard list has: Nico, Morty (CB, MLH), Emissary (conlux of + flips on attack)

Mortimer can be replaced with Asura. It's one less corpse marker on turn 1 but that means Nico can give whatever you summon fast or another one of your minions fast to make up the loss of AP. You could give Asura CB but I wounding her (assuming asura is a woman) is not optimal, even for a corpse marker. There also isn't a good 0 on her so MLH is no longer useful. I'm trying to figure out what upgrades to give her if any. Nothing is useful in terms of what is currently out. I'm sure there will be more upgrades later but not at the moment.

Carrion Emissary... it's a toss up to me between the Nico specific conflux or the general one. Yes, it makes zombies hit harder. The attack will probably be Ml6 and potentitally Ml8. It sounds pretty amazing on paper but i'm not sure if it beats out + flips on attacks. Flipping 2 cards for lure, take your meds, take the lead or any of the hanged attacks is so good. Especially if you're flipping against someone who gives - flips to cast actions. I guess it comes down to how many zombies you expect to have in the game and how reliant you are on them. Also, the pro for the Nico conflux would be that there isn't a bubble for it vs the emissary having to babysit one or two of your minions. 

For me, +1/+2 on a 2/3/4 attack isn't as valuable as flipping an additional card on some of those more necessary abilities that allow you to break the game. BUT i'm probably wrong since i've only been playing for about 3 months :D

10 hours ago, Pergli said:

Mortimer can be replaced with Asura.

For me, +1/+2 on a 2/3/4 attack isn't as valuable as flipping an additional card on some of those more necessary abilities that allow you to break the game. BUT i'm probably wrong since i've only been playing for about 3 months :D

One issue is that she needs a mid level :crow for the summon to work. That's fine on the turns you have a 6-8, but when we have anything higher, that could feels like a waste of an otherwise good :crow card. Yes she is a Henchman, so she's able to stone for it, but Nicodem is reasonably stone hungry as it is for summoning, suits and maybe cards.

One thing in Asura's favour is that you get a Mindless Zombie BEFORE Nicodem goes on turn 1, so you get to waste an extra activation (that can threaten Hands from Below!), and it gives you a free card when you summon from it (Undertaker) without the need to cast Mwuhahaha first.

But obviously, if you have a good hand and want to summon stuff, 2 or 3 Corpses is better than 1 Mindless Zombie. 

More playtesting and time will reveal if/when the trade off is worth it. I can't imagine there's space in the average 50ss list to fit two expensive Living Henchman models.

You're right (in my opinion) that the generic upgrade :+fate buff that the Emissary provides is worth more than Nicodem's specific one most of the time.