Things he does well:

- Control

- 15-minute activations

- denying marker schemes hard

- positioning

- cool shenanigans like shooting at 5 people with 1 AP

- make you reconsider the amount of soulstone tokens you gotta have

- die to concentrated attacks

- move around like crazy (like, 25" walks for Undercover Entourage)

- spend your hand

Not so well:

- Have a pronounced role compared to Daw, Leveticus and Hamelin

- Kill armored targets

I haven't found a perfect s&s pool for Parker yet. Definitely have to play him more.

Thing is, against passive players that let him run rampant he simply dominates the board, while against aggressive players he just gets wiped by Turn 4, at least in my experience.

I should probably try a solo Parker tournament to check out how he does against different things.

• Like 3

He's good with stake a claim, being able to push models into position so they can use their AP to drop a claim marker.

Combines well with the Emissary's Pretty Floral Bonnet so they can perform interact actions even if they're engaged.

He's not bad at fighting, although he doesn't like armour.

In terms of interacting with his crew he's sits between Von Schill (little crew interaction) and Jack Daw (a lot of crew interaction).

In terms of how to play him, I take the Doc, the Emissary, a Bandito or two, and add in models I think I need to get the S&S done. I start with stick up, oath keeper and (if I have a lot of Bandits) coordinated heist for the free movement at the start of the game, alternatively one of his limited upgrades, usually highwayman. Stick up gets discarded to move, then picked up with five finger discount. Coordinated heist is discarded the first chance I get to shoot someone and cycled for a limited. Oath keeper is dropped on the first or second turn. With four AP, and walk from stick up, he can push a lot of models while still moving up.

There's already a lot of good material in this thread.  I've gotten seven games in with Parker, so while I'm no expert I do have some thoughts and experiences I'd like to share.

To answer your questions in order:

1.  I feel like Parker's greatest asset is in scheme denial, resource generation and crew support.  He's not a traditional damage dealer - although Stick Up and the occasional Empty the Chamber can do a surprising amount of damage.   I get the most use out of him by playing reactive with him and adapting his loadout as needed rather than slotting him into a specific role.

2. I've tried Parker in all 5 Gg17 strats, and I've scored at least 2 points in each one.  I've done better in positional (interference, extraction) than in the kill based ones (headhunter, bounty) because of his aforementioned non-Killy nature, but I do feel he has play in any strategy.  For schemes, I like going for interact or positional based ones just because his crew is so mobile.  Shout out to Set Up and Fistful of Scrip for being one of the most fun "gotchas" in Parker's toolbox.

3. Full disclosure, every game with Parker I've started with his entire base box.  Doc is a fantastic totem, especially when I run hard to kill heavy.  Mad Dog can get into position turn 1 through a mix of pushes and free walks, and his shotgun gets work done.  I know Bandido's are generally frowned upon, but with two ways to push out of engagement and enough wounds to survive one hit, I've found them slippery enough to have at least one survive to accomplish schemes.  They also play well with Black Market, getting free AP from Parker.

After his base box and upgrades, I have usually ~ 18 stones to spend in a 'flex' spot.  Some of my favorites that I've used:

- 2 Wokou raiders.  They give the crew a melee presence, and can be a real tarpit once they are stuck in.  Plus, with their (0) and the various Drop It! Triggers, they can zip up the board.
- Sue.  One of Parker's big defenses is a way to generate cover, but he has no dedicated anti-Cast defenses.  Sue brings that to the party, along with card draw, a really solid attack profile, and synergy with Doc through hard to kill.  
- Johan.  Parker's biggest weakness in my experience, and the only times I've lost him, is when my opponent paralyzed him.  Condition removal is always solid against Ressur, arcanist or neverborn, and having it on a hard to wound, relic hammer toting model is really nice.  

Models I haven't tried, but look forward to, are undead outlaws, the emissary, and the strong arm suit.

A quick note on upgrades- I never leave home without Stickup and one of Parker's limiteds.  I'm still testing between highwayman and black market, and I think it comes down to the scheme pool.  More killy? Go with highwayman.  Interact heavy or you need Parker to live? Go black market.

Stick up is so good.  It reliably feeds Limited supplies, has the best damage of his attacks, and makes him effectively a 4 AP master.  That said, because I'm usually spending his (0) reattaching it, haven't  really tried other upgrades that want to be discarded (like coordinated heist).  My third is usually Hail of Bullets for mobile cover, the emergency heal and the trigger on Hands in the Air so that no matter the attack, I can get scheme markers to feed five finger discount.

I hope that helps!  Best of luck with Parker, he's a ton of fun once you get used to him.

• Like 2

so, about Coordinated Heist.

There's this Undead Outlaw engaged with Marcus. Miranda charges the poor zombie and whiffs both attacks, leaving him at 1 Wd left. Parker waltzes in on Stick Up, chastises the zombie because He Was Told to Duck, shoots some scheme markers out of both Miranda and Marcus, Dead Outlaw promtly eats those because Too Greedy to Die and pushes out. Parker Five-Finger Discounts teh Stick Up back and waltzes out at the end of activation.

Thing is, his strongest point is the narrative: there is no set of abilities in the game so thematic and fun.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Seadhna said:

so, about Coordinated Heist.

There's this Undead Outlaw engaged with Marcus. Miranda charges the poor zombie and whiffs both attacks, leaving him at 1 Wd left. Parker waltzes in on Stick Up, chastises the zombie because He Was Told to Duck, shoots some scheme markers out of both Miranda and Marcus, Dead Outlaw promtly eats those because Too Greedy to Die and pushes out. Parker Five-Finger Discounts teh Stick Up back and waltzes out at the end of activation.

Thing is, his strongest point is the narrative: there is no set of abilities in the game so thematic and fun.

I really like that :)

I have a question if the engaged model were a Wokou Raider: after placing the first enemy scheme marker, she could push away with Ever Changing Wind. Would she still be shot at because she was engaged at the start of the Coordinated Heist action or would she not?

• Like 1

My understanding is, she would still be a legal target, even if she would be outside of LoS due to pushes (because shooting into engagements ignores some LoS rules and the targets are determined at the start of You Were Told to Duck).

8 hours ago, Terad said:

I really like that :)

I've got more!

Parker charges into a Shen Long's Peasant, shoots some markers out of him and places them 2.0001" away from the centerline. The Peasant dies, Parker gets Stick Up and goes to engage the second Peasant. Next turn, I win initiative, kill the second Peasant and Hands in the Air Sensei Yu and some other dude.

Turned out my opponent wasn't going for Claim Jump, but was aiming to Set Up my Montresor. The marker I shot out of the second Peasant was further than 4" away from Monty, but prevented him from putting down more markers around. And guess what my opponent didn't have when it was time to airburst some markers towards Monty? That's right, cards in hand!

Other fun moments came when a low-hp Tara dumped a Killjoy into the Hail of Bullets (I managed to block a very narrow chokepoint there) so he could activate and spray her with some Black Blood, and then a scheme marker beside her exploded for some major damage. Ah, those were the days.

• Like 2

This my personal favorite move with Parker and Maddog.

Drop hail of bullets in a way to that when maddog shoots said model and pushed it 4 inches back it goes through both hail of bullet markers.  Because each marker is a new source that's 3 damage min plus 2 x 2/3/4 damage from hazardous terrain.  I've killed Collodi with one attack like this.  best part is you only have to get 1 shot off with maddog.  don't get me wrong more is better but one good one and BAM!

Potentially 7-13 damage on 1 attack.  and if you get Mid to high damage you can even drop a blast marker.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, enchantedsord said:

This my personal favorite move with Parker and Maddog.

Drop hail of bullets in a way to that when maddog shoots said model and pushed it 4 inches back it goes through both hail of bullet markers.  Because each marker is a new source that's 3 damage min plus 2 x 2/3/4 damage from hazardous terrain.  I've killed Collodi with one attack like this.  best part is you only have to get 1 shot off with maddog.  don't get me wrong more is better but one good one and BAM!

Potentially 7-13 damage on 1 attack.  and if you get Mid to high damage you can even drop a blast marker.

Actually, the wording on Hail of Bullets is pretty clear: "These markers are a Hazardous Terrain piece", so both are a single source of damage.

It says like you said These Markers are a Hazardous Terrain piece".   There are 2 markers.  So each one is a hazardous terrain piece.  And are individual for all intensiver purposes.

Like is Aionus were to move a marker he could move 1 of the 2 hail of bullet markers because they aren't linked.

it's describing the markers not saying they count as one piece of terrain.  Each marker is separate i'm pretty sure.

12 hours ago, enchantedsord said:

It says like you said These Markers are a Hazardous Terrain piece".   There are 2 markers.  So each one is a hazardous terrain piece.  And are individual for all intensiver purposes.

Like is Aionus were to move a marker he could move 1 of the 2 hail of bullet markers because they aren't linked.

it's describing the markers not saying they count as one piece of terrain.  Each marker is separate i'm pretty sure.

This deserves a topic in the rules section, but I'm pretty sure if they were separate it would read "each of them a hazardous terrain piece"

there are two markers because that's how the piece of terrain is shaped (hence they have to be touching each other), not because each of them is treated separately

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2017 at 1:42 PM, Seadhna said:

This deserves a topic in the rules section, but I'm pretty sure if they were separate it would read "each of them a hazardous terrain piece"

there are two markers because that's how the piece of terrain is shaped (hence they have to be touching each other), not because each of them is treated separately

I agree!