Into The Bayou - Questions

soul

So I'll admit to doing only a limited search (keyword search) and didn't find anything.

I'm just curious if I missed something.

In the Gautraeux entry in the book it talks about how they hung around Kythera with the Grave Spirit. Then it was destroyed and they're at a bit of a loss. The next paragraph starts talking about Nythera and how they often collect relics from this sunken temple.

Now, maybe both are important but was switch intentional? If I'm not mistaken they're not exactly close to each other and it just seems odd to me.

Thanks!

edit:

After playing around with building a character I am also curious about how to get magical ability. 

For example if I play a character who takes Forgotten Lore but doesn't otherwise have access to magic does he gain a magical theory along with it or does that come from something else?

@soulThe mentions of Nythera are just typos: they should also say "Kythera."  

If a character actually wants to use the Magia and Immuto of the grimoire gained with the Forgotten Lore Talent and they didn't already have a Magical Theory, they would need to choose a Magical Theory at that point.  

(I have a player whose character collects grimoires but never actually uses them; he sells them to "interested parties" instead.  Since the character doesn't use magic - at least for now - he has no need to choose a Magical Theory.)

On 5/14/2017 at 5:58 PM, Sernus said:

@soulThe mentions of Nythera are just typos: they should also say "Kythera."  

If a character actually wants to use the Magia and Immuto of the grimoire gained with the Forgotten Lore Talent and they didn't already have a Magical Theory, they would need to choose a Magical Theory at that point.  

(I have a player whose character collects grimoires but never actually uses them; he sells them to "interested parties" instead.  Since the character doesn't use magic - at least for now - he has no need to choose a Magical Theory.)

I'm convinced the ancient Neverborn named their ruins like that just to annoy historians.

(Oddly enough, I have a party that does the same thing. M&SU Troubleshooters that go relic and grimoire hunting for the Arcanists. 30% Indiana Jones, 30% Mission Impossible, 40% Blazing Saddles.)

• Like 1