Any recommendations for good Crews to pit against each other?

New to Malifaux, and new to this forum! And that of course means I'm full of questions!

But first some background:

I have managed to rope some friends into playing both Malifaux and Infinity with me, if I supply both sides of the fight. I see this as a win-win, as I get an excuse for some hobby expenditure with the added motivation that I'll have an opponent ready once the figures are ready!

Recently, I got to actually play a few games of Malifaux using the starter box and its two 4-man crews. I was hooked, and I want more.

While I do want to just grab whichever Crew looks the coolest, I do want to keep in mind that I'm actually looking to get two Crew boxes. Not only that, but optimally I want two Crew boxes that would result in interesting games when pitted against each other.

Any recommendations on two (or more) Crews that are newbie friendly and that could give interesting games when pitted against each other? I want the sessions I can get out of these Crews to really sell the game of Malifaux to those that I invite over to play.

Cheers!

• Like 1