Hamelin

Rosskov

Recently I've found myself pitted against Hamelin (facing a very strong opposing player). Helpfully the schemes pools have been condition heavy and Hamelin can obviously choose not to take conditions. 

To compound matters, each time I've faced him his crew has also contained Ashes and dust and nix with all the remaining models being able to sacrifice so the scheme pool has really been limited as, with his have a pile of new rats activation control, conditions just won't stick. 

I took eliminate the leadership last time and zipp had isolated him from his stolen but could only get him down to his hard to kill. My other beater (François) got stuck deleting Ashes and dust being swarmed by other models before being re-engaged by a reformed a+d).

The other schemes I've been forced to take have been Ffm (which was sort of fine) or scheme marker placement ones where rat kings start to pose difficulties.

Does anyone have any thoughts about how to deal with this type of crew? 

Many thanks in  advance. 

Zipp I find is a good way to deal with ashes and dust. You need to kill it around the middle of the board and try to keep the dust storm away from the ashen core. I find Zipp's up we go makes that possible (he can also remove the ashen core pretty easily next turn).

Maybe some swine cursed or lightning bugs to deal with Nix? Could always try a fast, reckless lightning bug combined with an iron skeeter (and Zipp, iron skeeter and lightning bug wouldn't be bad general picks against outcasts in general). 

Bring some blast pulses to clear out rats and nix, so as sudgjested before, bugs are amazing. I would fight fire with Fire tho, by taking Somer in order to some what mitigate his earlie activation control. Wong can be quite devastating too, thanks to his ability to clear off large numbers of models (for example if he's grouping rats to create a rat king) and to place schemes at the end of the turn, making it hard to counter. In my experiences, ashes and dust needs to be contained, but you are not forced to deal with him, while nix can't get too close to a lot of models, or wounds will start stacking. Zipp is always a great choice but you'll end up with an elite crew 90% of the time (even tho he's my favorite pick against outcast, but here you know against what you're playing) , so I would bring models like a taxidermist that takes advantage of low wounds/stats models like rats, creating models for you in the mean time. Scheme wise, Hamelin is not that easy to kill and play against thanks to his control of the table/models, between sacrifices and obeys etc. but the moment you start clearing the board, he won't do much (at least in my experiences playing him, but I played 6/7 games before selling the crew). 

General idea against swarms is is to go for key models ignoring the mass of minor models, or to clear off as many as you can without wasting too many ap (Lighting bug 0 with crows for example is awesome).

mahbe can you share some reports on your past games? It's easier to help you out this way (or his general crew list).

1 hour ago, wizuriel said:

Zipp I find is a good way to deal with ashes and dust. You need to kill it around the middle of the board and try to keep the dust storm away from the ashen core. I find Zipp's up we go makes that possible (he can also remove the ashen core pretty easily next turn).

Maybe some swine cursed or lightning bugs to deal with Nix? Could always try a fast, reckless lightning bug combined with an iron skeeter (and Zipp, iron skeeter and lightning bug wouldn't be bad general picks against outcasts in general). 

Swine cursed might have some though times with wp 5 tho, since they wanna get to your enemy face quite fast and Hamelin+ nix like to target wp quite a lot. Iron bugs tho, they sure can do a lot for their cost in this scenario (ram trigger can be brutal against rats).