Welcome to Wyrd Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ringsnake

Copy editing, questions, and remarks

6 posts in this topic

Copy editing and other picky picky stuff

Guild Investigator: It reads as if it can push itself with "Stand back! It's evidence!" The name of the ability implies it's only meant to work on others.

If that's the intention, it should probably be:
 ... this model may push any other model within 3" ...
Instead of:
 ... this model may push any model within 3" ...

Guild Investigator typo: If this ability removed an Marker, draw a card.
Change to: If this ability removed a marker, draw a card.

Why are there ++'s at the beginning and end of some of the Riot Breaker's abilities? Did I miss somewhere that these are things we should be paying particular attention to in playtest?

General rules questions:

Guild Thalarian Queller - Soulstone Artisan: Is the rule meant to read as if you have one or more Quellers, once per turn, you draw a card when a friendly model uses or discards a soulstone?

Or is it intended to let you draw one card for each queller once per turn when a stone is spent or discarded?

Or do you only get to do it with one queller each time a stone is used, like you have three quellers, and queller A does card draw on the first stone spent that turn, queller B does a card draw on the second soul stone, etc...

Area Suppression: As it reads now, if you have more than one Thalarian Queller, you still cannot have more than three suppression markers. They'd have to share. Was it supposed to be a Rare 1 model?

General snotty commentary with no playtesting done:

You are aware that Andador De Cadaveres' Special Dispensation is always going to be used on Rotten Belles right? I'm all happy for Guild that they finally got Lure, but I doubt you're going to see them recruiting Flesh Constructs or Guild Autopsies. It does make for a lot of amusement value with Guild McMourning. "I'm sure you're not comfortable with me desecrating the corpses in your care, but I have special dispensation!" "Yes. Desecration would be... Bad..."

You know that people are going to misread "Vuelva al Polvo!" (Return to Dust) as "Vulva del Polvo" (Vulva of the Dust) right? Because we're terrible people, who have limited command of the Spanish language. At least I got a good laugh out of it. Maybe you should spare yourselves the sound of our juvenile giggling and call it "Return to Dust".

1 person likes this

I'm pretty sure the ++ around some of the Riot breakers abilities are meant to imply robot voice.

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Durza said:

I'm pretty sure the ++ around some of the Riot breakers abilities are meant to imply robot voice.

Ah. Well they failed. There's a fuzzy line between creative and neat and interesting, and being too clever by half.

I don't see the Quellers sharing Suppression markers as a mistake. They still have a range on them, so it might behoove one to take at least two and have them covering either half of the board. Plus it means you can relocate two markers/turn rather than just one.

If it was per Queller, rapidly blanketing the board to turn off every built-in trigger of your opponents' would be...overwhelming.

6 hours ago, ringsnake said:

Ah. Well they failed. There's a fuzzy line between creative and neat and interesting, and being too clever by half.

I got that with my first eyeballing and I can be denser than frozen peanut butter, sometimes. Maybe it's from reading everything in a robot voice when it's written on a Construct model's card. +++PUNY HUMAN+++

A very proliferate facebook moderator pointed out that Andaders De Cadaveres (I probably also spelled that wrong) doesn't really mean what it thinks it means. 

I won't tag his name, and don't know if he has a forum account to link but if he reads this he'll know. I also don't know Spanish so I can't attest to anything but mistranslations are really common and often hilarious.

1 person likes this

I personally find the idea of a Guild Investigator clandestinely dropping fabricated evidence on the ground, then loudly shouting for everyone to get away because it's evidence, including moving away himself, to be both flavorful and absolutely hilarious given that it sounds very much like something the Guild would do, so to me the Investigator moving off its own ability makes perfect sense.

As for the Andador models, what I read about the name in the discussion is that Andador means walker more in the sense of an object, like what an old person uses, which makes me think that the Guild intentionally named them after objects because they're little more than crutches the Guild uses to control undead and are, without a doubt, highly expendable. Might not have been the intent behind the name, but that's how I'm gonna interpret it.

As for the Riot Breaker...  +++ Out Of Cheese Error +++ Unrecoverable Application Error +++ Cannot Find Drive Z +++ Please Reboot Universe +++ Redo From Start +++

1 person likes this