Welcome to Wyrd Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Da Git

Serena Bowman

118 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, death_watch said:

preper for the same kind of list for every neverborn player:

changlings
hounds
dopelganger
and the fine cherry on top to top this OP list is Serena

I'm really not sure what you are implying with this list?  Spamming Changelings and Doppelganger implies you want to copy attacks, but Black Blood Tendril is not copy-able "Other models may not perform this Action"

I think Bottle of Painkillers definitely needs a "fiendly" clause or Rst because for a 6 of rams you can get rid of El Mayor or similar important conditions from enemies

Not to dog pile in, but I don't like her for the healing. It's kinda bad and I would use it as often as I probably would on Candy. I'd rather more healing and drop the condition removal entirely to keep NB a bit weaker in that area (since it's probably worth making the Scion an actual purchase decision).

2 people like this

10 minutes ago, santaclaws01 said:

Ok, but what did she actually do in that game? Aside from being able to walk back in after being killed? 

heal jack a million times ,block off my opponents models while i did the schemes

11 minutes ago, MetaphoricDragn said:

I'm really not sure what you are implying with this list?  Spamming Changelings and Doppelganger implies you want to copy attacks, but Black Blood Tendril is not copy-able "Other models may not perform this Action"

its not a full list if u didnt notice but the fundamentals of every list i came across over the last couple of tournaments the hitters change according to the master

Just now, death_watch said:

heal jack a million times ,block off my opponents models while i did the schemes

For a 1/2/3 healing flip? Cool, a Librarian could already do that, and from farther away. And how exactly was she blocking off models? She has exactly 0 control.

1 person likes this

Just now, death_watch said:

its not a full list if u didnt notice but the fundamentals of every list i came across over the last couple of tournaments the hitters change according to the master

The adepticon winner didn't use any of those models.

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, santaclaws01 said:

For a 1/2/3 healing flip? Cool, a Librarian could already do that, and from farther away. And how exactly was she blocking off models? She has exactly 0 control.

nurse heals she takes off paralyzed dise dose it again johan would die and that would be all of mine removing conditions

14 minutes ago, death_watch said:

I'd be interested in seeing this theory in a battle report to see if it is actually problematic.

13 minutes ago, death_watch said:

nurse heals she takes off paralyzed dise dose it again johan would die and that would be all of mine removing conditions

Daw could already do this to himself with Twist and Turn. Use his 3 ap to do whatever, use his 0 targeting a nurse to full heal and paralyze him, his action immediately ends and paralyze is removed. Now he has full healed himself without getting paralyzed without needing a 7ss model to do it for him.

Twist and turn doesn`t allow triggers so Take Your Meds has no effect.

2 people like this

4 minutes ago, trikk said:

Twist and turn doesn`t allow triggers so Take Your Meds has no effect.

That's what I get for working off of memory.

As tough as Jack is, Ressers have the Nurse + Chiaki combo that does it much easier and I don't recall anyone ever claiming that combo was utterly broken for keeping their stuff alive.

Edit: Love nurses btw, so much value packed into that model.

Guild Mcmourning also has the Nurse + Witchling Stalker combo. 

Why do you need Serena in jack when you can just take Marlena and tether him. Cutting the nurse and johan package for Marlena is way better then swapping in Serena. It's always better for jack to not need to scramble to keep himself alive and just have a condition keepin him safe from the beginning. 

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Azrrael said:

Why do you need Serena in jack when you can just take Marlena and tether him. Cutting the nurse and johan package for Marlena is way better then swapping in Serena. It's always better for jack to not need to scramble to keep himself alive and just have a condition keepin him safe from the beginning. 

For this to work you would have to keep healing Marlene because her condition damages her the amount ur master gets healed . It's cheaper to have a nurse and Selena and this way jacks on the field until the nurse dies

I have to say that heals with suit requirements and no SS are pretty hit or miss. I sometimes play the pathfinder and he needs a 6:tome to summon the trap and it sometimes requires throwing out a face card just to make it work

27 minutes ago, death_watch said:

For this to work you would have to keep healing Marlene because her condition damages her the amount ur master gets healed . It's cheaper to have a nurse and Selena and this way jacks on the field until the nurse dies

Why is your daw dying so much anyways? 

4 hours ago, santaclaws01 said:

Why is your daw dying so much anyways? 

i run him very agresivly to catch my oponents hevy hittersso the rest of my crew dose the schemes 7/10 times my opponents fall for the bait

On 5/11/2017 at 0:26 PM, D_acolyte said:

It sounds like to get her to work for Jack would take major overhauls to her card and a good bit of retesting.

I think it would just require her zero action to be allowed on friendly Nightmares or Tormented. Can't see anything too game-breaking about that, and it would provide enough Jack play for Wyrd to sell this model to another faction-worth of players. 

22 minutes ago, fauxreigner said:

I think it would just require her zero action to be allowed on friendly Nightmares or Tormented. Can't see anything too game-breaking about that, and it would provide enough Jack play for Wyrd to sell this model to another faction-worth of players. 

Only think game braking is currently you have to trigger to put it on a master model. That would not be the case in this. How mean would Jack be when he can bring people in and then bleed on them when they hit him? I do not know but it is something to think about.

On 5/12/2017 at 5:24 PM, Fazza92 said:

Ok ,we have understand that Nicodem that Summons punk Zombie are more stronger than Serena.

Ok,But punk zombi...if killed...are corpse marker ,for 7 Stone are more resilience to direct damage and more incisive in merely damage.

Serena for 7 Stone has goods defensive abilities(cannot be charged and ignore pulses,I'm not calculating family face),a medium damage,a lesser heal,and a remove condition.

but if killed,it return without slow on deployment zone.For 7 Stone.

Have you played any games with her?  Malifaux especially is a game where you need to get things on the table and see how they play out, as opposed to theorycrafting.

If you have, what was her impact?  How many VP did she score?  Or how many AP did she consume from the opponent?  Remember that these models have been through a fair amount of playtesting already - the open playtest is not the first time they're hitting the table....

22 hours ago, death_watch said:

A million seems a lot for a model that has to walk to get to the action in a game that lasts 5-10 turns.  By my math, even if you can resummon her in range and use her heal twice each activation, which would be a theoretical maximum of 20 heals a game, you'll need to bring 50,000 Serenas.  Which I'm pretty sure isn't likely to happen.  

This is a playtest.  Specific details, in context, with specific results, are what is needed.  "She healed Jack every activation, giving him back 8 wounds over the course of the game, while also scoring Guard the Stash thanks to close deployment."  "Our terrain was set up such that there was only enough room for a single model to pass through the spaces between houses that blocked all the scoring positions, so she could just stand there each turn.  I also won initiative each turn, so that she could be guaranteed to be there."  Etc.  

2 people like this

44 minutes ago, fauxreigner said:

I'd like you to think about a Jack Daw Tormented tarpit with black blood and whether you're Ok with that. :)

I sigh a little that she wasn't Horror instead because the Ressers were so involved, but guess that'd be broken beyond repair if she were undying and...well, not summonable, she's an enforcer...but point is, I'm sad she's only a nurse in her rules and not her hiring.

42 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

I'd like you to think about a Jack Daw Tormented tarpit with black blood and whether you're Ok with that. :)

Yeah, I'm OK with it. I don't think thats a very effective way to play Jack anyway, so if people are willing to sink an extra 7ss into making it a little stronger then OK.