Welcome to Wyrd Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Da Git

Serena Bowman

118 posts in this topic

This model looks really interesting... For a start, she's the Trickster!

Neverborn have always really struggled in the Condition removal department, sure we have the Emissary & Scion of BB, but most people (competitively anyway) seemed to recommend Johan.  Now we might have a model that competes with him...  Here's a quick comparison:

• Faster at walk 6, same charge
  • Trades +1Wd, HtK & Finish the Job for +1Df, Disguised, Thick skin & Always comes around...  I put this a win for Serena defensive wise.
  • Offense, Johan's hammer wins for brutality, especially compared with flurry, but Serena can do it from 12" (+3" melee) through a Black Blood model (which she can make).  A New Skin is an amazing trigger if you can get it too...
  • Condition removal: Johan has 10", needs 4+:tome & removes all conditions, Serena has 3", heals 1/2/3 and MAY remove a condition.  This one's really tricky because there are situations you would want one...
  • The Things I've seen could also be really good... the pick of the crop here for me would be Stitched Togethers.  Throw them in the enemy crew, the take Black Blood & potentially Rotten Contents whenever they're damaged.  Then when they reach HtK & reactivate, she can heal them again!

So for me, she seems super solid in comparison, although if you purely want condition removal, Johan's probably still the better pick as he has longer range & lower casting cost.

Her upgrade could also be super interesting, put this on a Mature or Hooded Rider could actually compete with Nekima!  Alternatively put it on Lilitu so you can start Luring straight away... Maybe for Nekima to snack on!  Another fun option might be on Johan; then you have the best of both Condition removals!

Really want to try out this lass, seems like there are so many options!

3 people like this

2 minutes ago, Da Git said:

This model looks really interesting... For a start, she's the Trickster!

Neverborn have always really struggled in the Condition removal department, sure we have the Emissary & Scion of BB, but most people (competitively anyway) seemed to recommend Johan.  Now we might have a model that competes with him...  Here's a quick comparison:

• Faster at walk 6, same charge
  • Trades +1Wd, HtK & Finish the Job for +1Df, Disguised, Thick skin & Always comes around...  I put this a win for Serena defensive wise.
  • Offense, Johan's hammer wins for brutality, especially compared with flurry, but Serena can do it from 12" (+3" melee) through a Black Blood model (which she can make).  A New Skin is an amazing trigger if you can get it too...
  • Condition removal: Johan has 10", needs 4+:tome & removes all conditions, Serena has 3", heals 1/2/3 and MAY remove a condition.  This one's really tricky because there are situations you would want one...
  • The Things I've seen could also be really good... the pick of the crop here for me would be Stitched Togethers.  Throw them in the enemy crew, the take Black Blood & potentially Rotten Contents whenever they're damaged.  Then when they reach HtK & reactivate, she can heal them again!

So for me, she seems super solid in comparison, although if you purely want condition removal, Johan's probably still the better pick as he has longer range & lower casting cost.

Her upgrade could also be super interesting, put this on a Mature or Hooded Rider could actually compete with Nekima!  Alternatively put it on Lilitu so you can start Luring straight away... Maybe for Nekima to snack on!  Another fun option might be on Johan; then you have the best of both Condition removals!

Really want to try out this lass, seems like there are so many options!

Warping Reality is Neverborn only so you can`t put it on Johan

1 minute ago, trikk said:

Warping Reality is Neverborn only so you can`t put it on Johan

I thought you could as he becomes Neverborn when hired in the faction... The same way as you can put Retribution's Eye on him and can't put Oathkeeper on him.  Warping Reality only states that it is permitted go on a Neverborn MINION; otherwise, it's just got the Minion/Enforcer restriction.

You`re right. I mixed up the things. This opens up stupid Killjoy charges on the first activation if you have the Doppelganger :/

Hm. Models don't change Faction based on what Faction they're hired into.

2 people like this

Right now the upgrade can be put on Killjoy but can`t be put on Big Jake.

Da Git is right that you can put it on Johan. He`s wrong about the faction changing.

"This Upgrade can be attached to Neverborn Minion models in the same Crew as Serena Bowman. This Upgrade does not count against this model's Upgrade limit. This model gains the Nightmare Characteristic."

Johan does not become a Neverborn when hired as a Merc. Therefore, he cannot get the Upgrade, as it specifies Neverborn.

1 person likes this

I read that  as the restriction is Enforcer or minion. The text Aaron quotes explains how this could be on a neverborn minion, but didn't stop it going on an enforcer and because the text speaks of neverborn minions it could go on any enforcer, or a neverborn minion. 

because the arguement that Aaron uses could be used to say it can't go on a Neverborn enforcer because they aren't a minuion, and it specifies minion

1 person likes this

I see the issue. It's a typo. It should read:

"This Upgrade can only be attached to Neverborn Minion models in the same Crew as Serena Bowman. This Upgrade does not count against this model's Upgrade limit. This model gains the Nightmare Characteristic."

So the restrictions on the bottom are left just at "Rare 3"?

1 person likes this

So does that mean it can't be attached to enforcers at all? 

1 person likes this

Just now, Aaron said:

I see the issue. It's a typo. It should read:

"This Upgrade can only be attached to Neverborn Minion models in the same Crew as Serena Bowman. This Upgrade does not count against this model's Upgrade limit. This model gains the Nightmare Characteristic."

So does this mean that it should lose the Enforcer restriction down the bottom? 

Play it like this for now, and next week it'll be more solid.

Warped Reality.jpg

9 people like this

Great, thanks for clarifying. I feel it should probably stay this way - having this on mercenaries is a bit anti-fluff and could lead to dangerous combos (like the Killjoy one mentioned above).

1 person likes this

29 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Play it like this for now, and next week it'll be more solid.

Warped Reality.jpg

I did not see this when I did my right up of first impressions but this is similar to what I think it should be where it can only be taken if she is in the crew. Otherwise I would take it on a mature and leave her at home.

an interesting one for teddy, especially with kade able to jump to him and push.

She is Tormented, so can be used with Jack. But I struggle to see any surplus of value she would eventually bring to his crew. Actually, some of her actions are even counter-synergistic. Any thoughts?

1 minute ago, thatlatinspeakingguy said:

She is Tormented, so can be used with Jack. But I struggle to see any surplus of value she would eventually bring to his crew. Actually, some of her actions are even counter-synergistic. Any thoughts?

I think it is more story related from her time with McM and his nurses

This seems extremly powerful in a Dreamer crew. Being able to use Dreamer or Daydreams to push / give attacks / fast to Doppelgaenger or Graves etc. opens up to alot of crazy stuff. Dreamer can push him to get rid of sheme markers, chain activate into him with Accomplice (UPG) to interact etc. Promotes Chompy build and seems to be very good in Headhunter.

1 person likes this

@Aaron

I just came up with a question. If I give a model, lets say the Hooded Rider Warp Reality then he is now a nightmare with an upgrade slot so could I give him On Dreaming Wings?

2 people like this

Does no one else think she's a little too cheap for how much she brings to the crew she is in? She has defensive options, a wicked ranged attack, an okay melee, solid buffs, and a killer upgrade that minions and enforcers can take. Oh yeah, she's also unkillable.  For 7 cost that's pretty amazing, and a bit cheap. 

21 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

Does no one else think she's a little too cheap for how much she brings to the crew she is in? She has defensive options, a wicked ranged attack, an okay melee, solid buffs, and a killer upgrade that minions and enforcers can take. Oh yeah, she's also unkillable.  For 7 cost that's pretty amazing, and a bit cheap. 

She can still be killed, so poit's can be scored off of her, but I agree, she seems very solid if maybe undercosted slightly.

2 people like this

36 minutes ago, santaclaws01 said:

She can still be killed, so poit's can be scored off of her, but I agree, she seems very solid if maybe undercosted slightly.

By unkillable he means she can never be permanently gotten rid of. When "killed" she just summons right back onto the table, and she isn't even Slow when she does.

1 person likes this

Yeah, so it's no different than any other summonable model except for the lack of a card requirement. And she resummons at the end of the turn, so you can still deny her activation or not risk giving her a second one.