Sammy: how to be a good student

FinalForm

Sup guys.
What do you think of Good Student ability of this casty-hexy girl?
I think that she will be a great addition to Wong/Zoraida due to second limited upgrade. But can't realy find another use to it in other crews. What do you guys thinking?
Show me your great knowledge XD

1. Som'er

2. Sammy with Encouragement

3. Som'er is now old Leveticus

She works nicely combined with Old Cranky because between the two they can cycle two bad cards from your hand every turn and they both barely need cards themselves while Old Cranky lessens the card burden on defenses in general.

I do kinda like her with Zoraida especially with Entourage because Sammy just takes Animal Shape. On the other hand a Nurse does control really well and it's tempting to load up on loads of support, and sadly Sammy often gets shafted for me.

• Like 3

Sammy with My Threatening Gun can give Ophelia an extra AP (the negative flip is countered by her positive flip on her normal shooting if you want to Attack with her).

Sammy can do Summoning duty while Somer/Ulix do other things. She isn't quite as good but frees up Master AP which is pretty potent to say the least.

• Like 2

• Somer
    • Encouragement allows Somer to benefit from the :+fate
    • Family tree allows Somer to use his AP for murder while letting Sammy summon up to 2 bayou's per turn
    • Pig feed similarly allows Somer to use his AP for murder while she does pig shenangins.   Not really relevant since I'm the only human being who runs Pig Somer seriously.
  • Ophelia
    • Threatenin' Gun on Sammy allows her to give Ophelia an extra AP, and Ophelia's built in :+fateoffsets the minus flip if you need to shoot something.
    • Jug Rocket on Sammy allows her to place Ophelia anywhere within 8 inches, and then Ophelia can use her 0 to pull Sammy into base contact with her.  Extra positioning ain't bad for a pew-pew turret like Ophelia.
    • Hooch Ignitor allows the Pig-a-pult to launch Ophelia across the board (Ophelia is the only height 1 master), and then have sammy remove paralysis from Ophelia so that she can activate that turn.   Requires you to already have Sammy wherever you want Ophelia to be.   On the plus side, Ophelia can use her 0 on the PIgapult to pull it around with her.   Which has given me an idea for a HILARIOUS and BAD list.
  • Ulix
    • Hunting bow gives sammy a Shoot 7 attack that can be surprisingly damaging.   Also, she can recieve rams from Lenny, allowing her to shot in the rear pigs much easier than Ulix can.  She's also a hencheman, so she can still use stones for it like Ulix could.
    • Clobbering stick can be useful for card draw if you're trying to summon with Ulix, but Ulix usually gets the cards he needs and Old Cranky is generally more useful.  Combining Sammy and Old Cranky and Clobbering Stick is 100% overkill, but also 95% hilarious.
    • Husbandry means you're only going to get 2 piglets out per turn, but it allows for pigs to flow from Sammy while Ulix gives big pigs free attacks. Useful in a combat oriented Ulix list that still wants some summons.
  • Wong
    • Ooh Glowy on her so that wong can take his other Limited upgrade is a tried and true tactic.   The plusflips for Wong are really nice.
  • Zoraida
    • Animal shape is nice for when you want to have a super cool teleporting scheme runner, but also want Zoraida to hang out and do stuff like Obey and Bewitch and things.
    • Crystal ball is a fun upgrade too.
  • Zipp
    • Zipp also has limited upgrades and I suspect that'd be HILARIOUS.   I don't have his cards in front of me though and I can't remember what they do well enough to provide insight.   I THINK it'd work well though?
  • Brewmaster
    • He has upgrades?
  • Mah Tucket
    • You could give Sammy Armor+1, or Bounty.   Neither are good choices.   
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, codingCaptor said:
  • Zipp
    • Zipp also has limited upgrades and I suspect that'd be HILARIOUS.   I don't have his cards in front of me though and I can't remember what they do well enough to provide insight.   I THINK it'd work well though?

Zipp's upgrades are worded in a way that kind of prevents Sammy from really using them, but you can use Zipp to help shutdown opponents SS usage while Sammy helps prevent Henchman and Masters using their 0 actions.

Sammy works incredibly well with Brewmaster. The problem with many of his upgrades (one of the problems anyway) is that it always better to use Swill 90% of the time and Obey the rest.

But with Sammy you can go crazy with "Binge"; allowing her to have two, really disrupting, attack actions at her disposal, and what amounts to an obey without limitations, that cannot fail. Sammy becomes a really powerful model at just 8 stones.

She can use "Hold Their Head Back" too, wich is particulary useful with Mancha Roja in the crew, but this is not a very good upgrade as you need a ton of poison going around.

It's great because, even without upgrades, she has a lot of synergy with Brewie.