Interference help

Chriscdoa

Hi, back playing Malifaux after a while off and trying Arcanists. I'm doing a tournament at weekend and i have plans for some rounds but i have interference one round and just can't work out what to do.

I don't own Raptors or the Mech rider which seem to be obvious help (but don't like just buying "best models" - i like themes). I have ramos but really don't like him or his spiders...I need an alt female sculpt...

I have Sandeep but he's not built.

So if i can't use any of them - what's good for this scheme. I have all the other masters, but am not very familiar yet with Collette or Marcus. I was thinking Mei feng to jump around and engage - but then there aren't many quick constructs to help her...

Thanks in advance

Ramos and Sandeep are probably the best choices. But ignoring them, I'm actually a fan of Ironsides for pulling enemies into melee with her or onto centerlines while the rest of your crew grabs corners. She's extremely difficult for the enemy to get away from without place effects and if you take Frontline Leadership for Come Get Some, then even walking near her can be trouble for your opponent.

• Like 1

On top of Ironsides, consider bringing The Captain and consider the Oxfordian Trio.

The Captain makes you nearly master-independent when it comes to interference, as he can walk away from engaging models (agile) push opposing models out of scoring position or friendlies into scoring position.

The Oxfordian Trio (three Oxfordian Mages with their 0-cost upgrades) give you access to more pushes for getting things up the field and/or enemies out of place.

If you're leaning towards Mei Feng, Coryphee are extremely quick constructs. The Mech. Porkchop is also quick enough to get you places. The Emissary with Mei Feng's conflux can drop a scrap marker to give you a leaping node. Outside of that, you can benefit from The Captain (for the reasons described above), or if you're only concerned about getting your own constructs into position, bring Angelica. She'll walk up 5" at the start of the first turn (after initiative, outside of activation), and probably not need to move anywhere else, as that can put her 11" up the field with an 8" range on her friendly pushes. That's good enough to help you with controlling the quarters on your half. As an added bonus, she can help you get scheme markers into play for scheme-marker oriented schemes or abilities with Practiced Production (sure, Raptors, but don't worry about them). If you have them, Soulstone Miners are a nice infiltration piece, as well as a potential node for Mei Feng to Railwalk to.

• Like 1

When I plan for interference I normally look to go 1 of 2 ways. I either have a couple of ranged models to hold my quarters, and then swarm one of my opponents quaters to deny it to them, or I hold My 2 quarters against all comers and try and get models in the right place to deny one of my opponents quarters. The denying of quarters is helped by fast models or models with a large engagement range to tie up multiple models with one of your own. 

• Like 2