Corrupted Hounds?

Sharp_GT

They helped me earn my first Lucius win versus a competitive player in something vaguely resembling a "release the hounds" crew with two pathfinders and two guild hounds.

I personally feel they did their job but would have been better had I had the option of black blood shaman, who I still need to purchase but am waiting to pick up when the nephilim box finally restocks. 

I have used them reasonable well with Lucius, Collodi, and the Dreamer.  Best results were likely the Dreamer.  I used them in summoner Dreamer lists to pad activations and because they are actually quite nice with his Empty Night's default trigger.  A 6" push and an attack with the extra :+fate is nice.  They tend to die but often serve as the first wave letting my nightmares start rolling in.  With Collodi it tends to be when I want a list with sheer numbers as dropped 4 Marionette and 3 Corrupted Hounds before when I was fairly certain there would be no blast and I needed numbers.

I suppose I could see using them to just cause a ton of attacks that I don't have to dedicate too much brainpower or card to. So hound swarm to attack and pin some number of enemy models

For scheme grabbing, especially schemes like claim jump where you want to place scheme markers, I just think there are much better options. The silurid is easily the best schemer in the game, and would only cost one more ss than a hound. Gupps are almost as good, tater tots don't need to bring a friend; I'm just having a hard time thinking the hounds are worthwhile for scheming.

you have to not look at them as just 1 thing, what they are in my mind is an activation/AP as well as whatever else you want to use them for.....and then compare them to our other scheme runners, sometimes they fit sometimes another model is the best option...

for cheap easy to use scheme runners we have lots of options with slight changes, the hounds are 3ss and you should take them in pairs at least, 3 at a time is the ideal usually for me, and sometimes 4, thats 4 activation's for 12ss.... nice return
also good for cheap spam attacks

great use in a lucius crew, the +flips, more +flips, leads to getting things done, but because they are not defensive at all they will go down easy, numbers, high walk, and staying out of direct conflict will keep them alive unless the enemy directs resources to killing them, minion

3ss- hound; cheap activation/ap, black blood, + flips outside of activation (lucius), avg stats
compare them to:
4ss-tots; higher mobility, higher def, good for leave your mark
5ss-insidious madness; incorporeal high wk, good for leave your mark
4ss-gupps; leap on mask, can do claim jump solo
7ss-silurid; leap, great general scheme runner, expensive 1:1, solo claim jump
others....

• Like 1