Lets make Lady Justice great again

stellaKntrL

OKay, okay, she doesn't have the easiest time compared to what other masters can bring to the table, though I believe she can be competitive in some schemes/strat.

I'd like to start a dialogue of what works for you with LJ.

I ran her, recently, with the alpha strike list (Abuela getting emissary to box LJ; with Franco, eiffigy) to decent effect. Abuela can also get work done by obeying Franco or other. I also found the emissary's 4" activation aura fantastic. 

The recruiter also did work with a Death Marshall keeping him alive 3 times to then box the opponents master when they had burnt all their high cards.

How do you run her, after wave 4? When do you bring her and not?

I only have lady j for guild and I do feel that she struggles with various scheme pools in gg17. 

I do find brutal emissary and the brutal effigy very solid with her. And I only played the DM recruiter for one game but they're so good with her. They can give her an extra swing and they help protect her. I play LJ with badge of office and a dmr, that combined with travelling along with the emissary really prolongs her stay on the battlefield.

12 minutes ago, Joachim said:

Does anyone have experience with the lone marshal? I like the marshal so provably gonna go for him anyway, but any tips on how to use him in game. What schemes etc.

I don't really play him, have only proxied and played in vassal a few times but he does the book marker schemes very well when you only need to have stuff at the end of the game since he can disengage really easily and usually handles similarly costed runners with his (2) attack-push. He can't put down double markers for the new always scheme unfortunately (unless McCabe but then you could use a hound to get a similar result with a little less pewpew) so I'm not sure how much he does as a general pick in gg-17. With the right pool he is still nice.

6 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

With the right pool he is still nice.

I'll probably use him in specific combinations of schemes, as he also costs 8ss. But I currently only have LJ box, riflemen, dm recruiters, emissary and effigy. So looking to expand my options a bit.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Joachim said:

I'll probably use him in specific combinations of schemes, as he also costs 8ss. But I currently only have LJ box, riflemen, dm recruiters, emissary and effigy. So looking to expand my options a bit.

I'm a sucker for running three hounds. They mitigate massive out-activation somewhat and can both scheme and present a reasonable threat to other lightwheighr schemers.

You seem to be heavy on expensive models.

10 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

I'm a sucker for running three hounds. They mitigate massive out-activation somewhat and can both scheme and present a reasonable threat to other lightwheighr schemers.

You seem to be heavy on expensive models.

Yeah I absolutely realise that, but thats the problem with being primarily a painter and a gamer second, so I tend to go for the models that I like the most in stead of the most balanced crew.

But picking up a box of hounds is on the list of buy options. But my wallet says I have to choose :). Thanks for the advice, I'll reconsider the hounds as it is difficult to get cheap activations in my crew.

While I haven't played Lady J in some time, I did have some luck by running her with the Judge, Scales, and a gunline of 3 riflemen and 2 austringers (if memory serves me correct).  I honestly find her to be fairly boring to play.  While I appreciate the more kill-y masters (see my name and avatar), I find that she requires little strategy, and lacks a certain charm that others have.  YMMV.

Lady J is the only master I currently have, being relatively new to the game (McCabe is on the painting pile).

I found her "easy" to use at first, as pointed out above she is relatively straightforward in abilities. However compared to the other masters I have been playing against, she does not provide much active scheme/strategy provision. Also I have to be very careful when framed for murder is in the mix. The best solution I have found so far is following her around with a death marshal and simply boxing anything obviously running for this scheme.

I have got into a good spot with her though, and find her very good at one thing in particular - murdering enemy minions. This helps to get a leg up in the relative activation count & cutting down on enemy scheme acquisition late game. It also freaks people out when you run her right at their squishy lines - watch everyone scatter unless they have a hard counter. You need to be careful where you point her though, stay away from high armour models in particular. Her strength is in the high melee stat and high base damage, so get into combat with 4-5 wound models and one shot them where you can. Don't let her get bogged where possible.

The other big draw-card in using her is to tie up lots of enemy shooters. 2" engagement range and high melee stat for disengaging strikes works well here.

I find when I'm running her the Brutal Effigy an almost mandatory choice. Fear not the sword keeps her going and the card drawing can be invaluable.

Lady J was one of my first masters and I started out simply charging her at the biggest baddest thing my opponent had.  This rarely works because, as with every other model in the game, if your opponent really wants it dead they can make sure its dead.  

I've found her best use is in games like Extraction, Guard the Stash, etc where she along with a couple other models can hold the points required while the rest of your crew completes your schemes.  I usually run her with something like the Peacekeeper (used to tie up or kill anything I suspect if the Frame target) and Abuela (her obey is amazing and her damage output is also amazing) which can do scary damage and adding in the Brutal Effigy can give them the resilience that they need as well.  This combination comes in at 22 stones leaving you 28 stones to get models which can run schemes or add to your deathball.