Starting Hoffman

Fazza92

1 hour ago, Fazza92 said:

Yesterday I tried Hoffman for second time...

I'm been devasted by Marcus...3-8 for him.

I use :

Hoffman with O.S.A and field mechanic

Ryle with a debt to guild

Emissary with conflux of amalgamation

Hunter,Watcher,Guardian

My opponent use:

Marcus,Myranda,Miss step,Jackalope,2 raptor,Cojo and Angelica.

Extraction,search the ruins,hunting party,eliminate the leaders and leave your mark.

I choose claim jump and hunting party.

hot consideration:

Marcus is too powa,in the first turn double activate Miss step and kill my Hunter at 24" 

Hoffman can get Miss Step just as far on turn 1 quite easily.

Second turn I bury Miss step with Emissary and Marcus activate my emissary to unbury she.

You could have buried her again with Hoffman if he hadn't activated yet. What you probably really should have done is just kill her instead of burying.

3/4 turn Marcus activate my Master...I think that the opportunity to theft the opponent master is too big.

You do realize you can still activate him yourself later? Hoffman can't even do anything too nasty to friendly models. He can hit them, but that's pretty much it. You didn't even have Arcanist Assets, so he couldn't remove upgrades from your models.

Ryle is a good damage Dealer and with 7Soulstone is very resistant(more than peacekeeper?)

Ryle is more durable than Howard and faster than Peacekeeper. His damage isn't quite as good if you don't give him :+fate for damage with Mobile Toolkit or something.

Emissary is a very good pieces in this list.

Yes.

I've tried hard manage the actions of Charles,can anyone explaine me a starting move for The first turn of Hoffman?

Slap on some upgrades, Powerloop couple of important models (never more than 3), use machine puppet to move friendly models into good positions or use it to have Emissary bury something that gets unburied when emissary activates later that turn. By that time your Watcher with Programmed Directive can have dropped a scheme marker almost anywhere on the board if you Machine Puppeted it and gave it fast. That means that you can get that buried model across the centerline in two different potential places before it activates.

With Guild i try too hard place scheme marker....I've selected claim jump but it was impossible to me place any scheme...

That shouldn't really be the case with Hoffman.

I flipped black Joker on initiative 3/5 turns...lol

Flipping Black Joker on initiative doesn't prevent you from using SS to reflip it. Just FYI.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Fazza92 said:

I flipped black Joker on initiative 3/5 turns...lol

Talk about a dream scenario! If they flipped so-so you stone to reflip and if they flipped really high you would probably have lost it either way but potentially wasted a high card.

• Like 2

Thank you guys.

So a good start with Hoffman can be :

slow the attendant to take fast(?)

Put an automatic loop on Guardian

Put another Loop to Ryle?(or not,at the end I've ever used a Soulstone to take tomes )

then place Directive on Watcher

Nimble on Watcher(or Hunter?)

And machine puppet a model to move it and push Charles?

You can't put 2 modifications on 1 model.

I wound put Nimble on Ryle unless playing vs a spammy list. I would take the :ram upgrade and then give him dmg buff from toolkit and just shoot with sh6 (from watcher/emissary) and kill a spam of piglets/Gremlins with Debt to the Guild

• Like 1

From my experience so far with Hoffman you want to have two very hard hitting models one of whom doesn't need Hoffmans help. Typically I have used a peacekeeper and a rail golem. The peacekeeper can function independently but gets better with help. However the Rail Golem really wants to be powerlooped. 

Having two two big threats means your opponent either needs to split forces and not kill either or concentrate on one and let the other run riot.  

These two distraction pieces then let the scheme runners score you your points much easier.