Arcanist Game: Card Draw List

so_diogenes

Inspired by @Fictor's Draw engine thread and @Mrbedlam's other Arcanist Game threads, I'm challenging you to come up with the way to draw the most cards in a single turn. Just come up with a 50ss list that can get you a ridiculous amount of cards in a turn. Doesn't have a to be something that's going to win games, let's just have fun with it.

Rules are exactly the same as @Mrbedlam's games: Do not like any of the lists until after 48 hours is up. Once 2 days have gone by, I'll announce its voting time. Vote by hitting like on the post with your favorite list. Winner gets internet kudos. 

Let's get those cards flying!

• Like 3

Sandeep

• Arcane Reservoir
  • Unaligned Sage

3x Oxfordian Mages

• Blood, Doom, Nemesis Wards
  • 3x Temporary Shielding

Shastar Vidiya Guard

Shastar Vidiya Guard

Shastar Vidiya Guard

Shastar Vidiya Guard

Would it be good in an actual game?  Absolutely not :P  But you'd be drawing 7 cards at the start, and the potential for another 7 cards from Action Through Inaction and the all Academic crew - AND, you could do it every turn of the game so there's that.

I'll throw one in:

Sandeep

-reservoir

-unaligned

myranda + energies

anna lovelace

sue

shastar guard

librarian

so that's 8 to start (one gets discarded but still counts as a draw)

+4 for myranda

sue hurts himself for 1 more

librarian pings the guard (cheating with a tome to draw one), guard cheats but still fails for another draw

that's 15 cards in a turn. obviously you can't do this every turn but i still think it's quite fun

edit: math is fun...

2 hours ago, Dereikt said:

and all it took were a few minor sacrifices.

:P now that's a winning attitude!

It looks like someone has already cast their vote for your 25 card control hand list... I suspect you're getting all the votes anyway; the image of Ramos blowing himself and all his friends up leaving an Emissary to use 25 cards is comedic.

Love Dereicts idea, but we can do better, although it can be a little more luck based

Mei Feng - Price of progress, Philosphers stone, Scaldign breath. 

Lust Imbued energies

Hannah

Shidyia guard, imbued energies

Oxfordian mage, Imbued energies

3 raptors. 

Start of turn draw 7 cards. Soulstone for 2. Keep tomes! (9)

Use lust to attack the guard, and set up the top of the deck to draw a tome by cheating the guards df. DF stance Lust. (+1)

HAnnah uses her (0) to attack lust with lusts attack. Lust cheat in a tome for Df trigger if needed, hannah sets up to draw another tome, and if possible that her next attack on lust would have a tome. If you are lucky enough to have plenty of tomes, and the rest of the board in the right state then attack lust twice more, and miss triggering  2 more cards (+3)

Raptors all attack lust twice, using their trigger to set up the top of the deck for her to get her draw trigger (+6)

Guard attacks Lust twice and misses twice (+2)

Oxfordian mage furiously casts 3 times against Lust as well as (0) attack all miss(+4)

Mei pops her 0 to draw 2 uses her scaldiong breath to blast and kill everuything herself included. (if they aren't in a state to die, then use some earlier attacks, such as hannahs to set up their death). That should be 1 card from Lust DF trigger, +1 from price of progress +4 from Imbued, 5 from death of guard, 5 from death of mage, and 5 from death of 3 raptors, mei and Hannah. (+23)

Total cards drawn in turn 48. Models left alive. none. More cards can be drawn if you actually have an opponent with models to kill...

Whilst you can pick cheaper models than Hannah and the Shisyar guard, their abilities to get card draw and deck manipulation should mean that the rst of the draw works as you hope. 

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Bengt said:

I think you'll have a pretty hard time killing Mei as she has to be there until the end and that pesky Price of Progress heals her as well as draws cards. :P 

Yes, you probably need to make it so she blasts onto herself every time, and doesn't actually kill anyone until that last blast where she kills all 8 models. Its not easy, but many of the great plays of this game aren't. 

• Like 2

And the big winner was....

@Dereikt!!!!

Side note, I played a slightly modified version of my list today and dominated, turn 2 I drew a total of 13 cards (including initial hand) and wound up with a pretty ridiculous hand. The point of this thread was to be silly and have fun, but I think we can all agree that being able to see a large portion of your deck is quite powerful.

Thank you all for playing!

• Like 2